About McEgan College
McEgan College is a co-educational school providing a broad curriculum to both girls and boys up to Leaving Certificate level. The school prides itself on catering for the needs of all students and indeed for the wider community. The original school was opened in 1934 and was dedicated to Boetius McEgan, Bishop of Ross, who was captured by Cromwellian forces after a battle in the Castle Park and executed at Carrigadrohid Castle in 1650. In 1984 an extension of ten rooms was built on the site of the original castle and in 1996 three additional classrooms were added to the College.