About International Institute of Culinary Arts
Over 40 years of versatile experience in Hotel & Hospitality Industry through assignments in India and overseas. Starting as graduate of Hotel Catering Institute of India and Oberoi School of Hotel Management, has held diverse and challenging job positions including General Manager of Hotels, Founder President of Fortune Park Hotels, the wholly owned subsidiary of ITC Hotels Limited and other corporate assignments.
- Managing Director- Ansal Hotels Ltd. (owning company of Marriott Welcome Hotel, New Delhi)
- President (Founder)- Fortune Park Hotels (by ITCWelcomgroup Hotels, a 2nd. level Hotel chain promoted by ITC Hotels)
- Vice President (operations): ITC Welcomgroup Hotels Ltd.
- Vice President - North - Leisure Sector and International Marketing - Welcomgroup Hotels
- General Manager - Assignments in Jaipur, Hyderabad, Mumbai & New Delhi.
- Executive Chef - Oberoi Sheraton Hotel, Mumbai, Oberoi Intercontinental Hotel, New Delhi
International Institute of Culinary Arts, New Delhi (IICA) established in the year 2003, is a premier Chef Development Institute accredited by Indian Culinary Forum (ICF) and in direct partnership with University College Birmingham, Edexcel UK and City and Guilds, U.K. The institute intends to produce a well qualified and highly effective, mobile & dedicated work force to answer the industry‘s global needs.
In 2013, IICA was awarded " The Best Institute for Culinary Arts in India" by TIME research and India News, this was based on a survey done on
- a) Student Placements
- b) Student Satisfaction
- c) Infrastructure in the institute
The Institute has been designed to provide facilities which will rival the best in Europe. The facilities mirror the industry expectations, and to give trainees, the opportunity to acquire skills needed to create a platform necessary for a successful career growth within the hospitality and catering industry.
With a view to provide real life hands on training to the students, the institute has entered into agreement with nationally renowned and leading hospitality establishments in Delhi. The Institute also boasts of state-of-the-art-food production units, including purpose designed training kitchen, Studio Kitchen, bakery; dedicated learning resource centre, library and the latest IT facilities. A combination of lectures and training videos are used to teach the theoretical and culinary skills.