Course detailsCourse Overview
This program focuses on the full range of management roles and tasks that a youth development worker, may need to perform. The program begins by exploring the concept of management and the theories informing the practices of management. It then focuses on showing you how you can manage both the resources and the staff you are responsible for in order to complete the tasks you need to manage, and it also guides you through the management of organisational development and change. Key management processes are covered in detail, including managing time, managing yourself, managing resources, staff development, budgeting and monitoring expenditure, and managing communication and information technology.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to the management tasks that are important in the delivery of youth development work.
- Identify and discuss the key theories, approaches and styles that inform the practice of contemporary management, particularly in the not-for profit sector.
- Relate theories and approaches of management to the principles and practice of youth development work, in order to ensure that your management style is appropriate.
- Outline key areas and processes of management, such as organisational change, staff development, monitoring of expenditure and budgetary control, project management, critical path analysis and management of information and communication technology.
- Department heads of youth focused institutions.
- Young Leaders
- Professionals responsible for youth project designing and management, in government departments, corporates and NGOs.
- Youth Workers.
- Project Management overview
- Managers Roles
- Effective Management
- Managing in the not-for-profit sector
- Role of the not for profit sector
- Non Governmental Organizations
- Managing youth development work
- Tasks and roles
- Critical path analysis
- Budgeting and monitoring expenditure
- Managing human resources in youth targeted projects
- What managers do for others
- Performance management
- Job satisfaction
- Managing organisational change
- Models of change management
- Common management problems
- Issues in developing countries
- The action-learning cycle
- Communication Skills
- Key elements
- Practical writing skills
- Managing ICT
- Database management
- Planning ICT use
Job roles this course is suitable for:Student Activities Management , Managing community and social work , Managing school and youth activities. , YOUTH SERVICES OFFICER , Child and Youth Program Assistant - Entry/Intermediate/Targe... , Divisional Youth Manager , Area Youth Manager , Assistant Divisional Youth Manager , Child and Youth Worker , NGO Advisor
About Matsh Youth Development
Matsh is a Youth Development enterprise aims to provide developmental services and programs for young people. The main objective of Matsh is to professionalize youth work in the Middle East and North Africa region by providing Youth Development and Youth Work capacity building programs for youth workers, formulating code of ethics and standards for youth work sector in MENA region, providing policy and strategy development and management consultancy for youth development institutions.See all Matsh Youth Development courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.