- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations 1st Floor Hachem Center, Electricity Str., Sed El Baoucherieh, Beirut, Lebanon
The warehouse is the corner stone of the supply chain operation. It ensures the proper flow of goods from suppliers to end customers and guarantees the availability of stock to satisfy demand. Traditionally considered as the storage of goods for profit, warehousing has evolved over the years in a way that modern warehouses now fulfill multiple roles within the overall supply chain. Warehousing Best Practices is a detailed overview of the field of warehousing in terms of design, racking structure and manhandling equipment. The course also reviews in detail the different operations performed inside the warehouse.
Who Should Take it
This course is directed to personnel with minimal to average knowledge of warehousing and yet are required in their job specifications to deal with the logistics of warehousing. The information presented proved very beneficial to Warehouse Operations Managers, Supervisors as well as for the IT team of the company involved in the implementation of Warehouse Management Solutions
Audience who has completed the course will:
- Have extensive knowledge of the world of warehousing
- Be familiar with most of the terminologies used in warehousing
- Be able to determine which manhandling equipment (MHE) best fit the operations of their own warehouses
- Be able to introduce new services to be offered by the warehouse
- Be able to evaluate and restructure the operations in the warehouse
- The course is presented in the form of a power point presentation.
- The course includes a Q&A session and some evaluation quizzes.
- General Logistics Definitions
- Different Type of Warehousing
- Warehouse Equipment
- Warehousing Services
- Warehouse Layout & Basic Operations
- Basic Warehouse Operations: Receiving
- Basic Warehouse Operations: Putaway
- Basic Warehouse Operations: Inventory Management
- Basic Warehouse Operations: Picking
- Basic Warehouse Operations: Loading & Shipping
- New Technologies in Warehousing
- Case Studies
- Warehouse Organizational Chart
they are a leading provider of supply chain services whose customers and partners are geographically spread across the globe. With offices in Dubai, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Singapore and Beirut, they offer a wide range of services and are recognized in the market by their proven track record of successful projects. When working with us, you are working with an expert team of operational and technical consultants, highly knowledgeable in the supply chain and logistics domain.
their services range from consulting and training to recruitment, solution development, implementation, systems integration and systems support. By partnering with leading multinational providers, they ensure that ytheir requirements are always met and then exceeded by applying the best practices in the field. their aim is to build and maintain a strong relationship with their customers based on trust, honesty and integrity.
their pledge to you is that their primary objective will always be to minimize ytheir logistics costs, increase ytheir visibility and control over ytheir supply network and maximize the productivity and efficiency of ytheir human restheirces. At SNS, their people set us apart and hence are their most valuable assets. They are selected from the most prestigious universities in the region after a careful and thorough screening process. To secure their guarantee of offering you only the best, they constantly invest in their associates by providing them with regular trainings, coaching programs and exposure to a large variety of challenging projects.See all SNS Lebanon courses