Course detailsThis highly enlightening course provides learners with an insight into professional skin and body care. You will examine all aspects of how to undertake effective regimes and good practices to achieve healthy, glowing skin and hair, no matter the age, gender, skin type, or ethnicity of you or potential clients. Whether you already have experience in this field or are wanting to embark on a new and exciting career, this course covers a range of modules and provides multiple examples for assessment to ensure you gain the confidence to succeed.
The course includes all the required elements to work effectively as a beauty therapist, whether in an existing salon or if you plan to establish your own! Alternatively, you could become a skin care specialist and help your clients achieve the perfect, flawless skin they have always hoped for. Understand seasonal skincare, men’s hair care, how to reduce signs of ageing on the skin, effective hair removal techniques and how to protect skin from the sun plus many more exciting modules. When giving your customers advice, you will be able to do so with certainty and professionalism, which will make for a fruitful career in the skincare industry.
- Lets understand your skin
- Skin and the nutrients yourself beautiful!
- Practical skin care regimens for different types of skins
- Tips for types-ethnicity & your skin care
- Seasonal skin care tips
- On the bright side-is the sun really that bad
- A realistic approach to reducing ageing effects
- Try the best skin and body treatments
- Body hair removal methods
- Scope out andtouch - hand and foot care
- Identifying sleek, sexy, fabulous hair types
- Man and skin care-skin care for you or your man
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Successful candidates will be awarded a Diploma in Skin and Body Care – Level 3.
Updated on 22 April, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
- This course is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. However, a sound academic background or prior knowledge of skin and body care would be an advantage for.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.