Course detailsOver 10 modules you will learn from experts in the field, who will guide you through the full cycle of operation, the key disciplines involved, and what it takes to be a successful operations manager. Although no previous knowledge is required for this course, it is especially valuable if you’ve already had experience in operations and want to progress your career into a management role.
This course includes:
- Introduction to the key areas of operations management.
- A look at the skills, experience and personal qualities needed to be an operations manager.
- An overview of purchasing and inventory within supply chain management.
- More detail on purchasing and the process involved.
- A look at product development and production within supply chain management.
- Examine different market research methods and the product development process.
- Learn about distribution and product marketing in supply chain management.
- Find out more about presenting and packaging your products.
- The importance of finance and cost management, including compiling budgets, depreciation, and working with different financial documents.
- A look at the different types of employees you could work with, including agency workers and contract staff.
- Gain an overview of the project management process, its five different phases, and learn more about SMART objectives.
- Learn about the Six Sigma project methodology, the tools used in the process, and how to get the most value from this approach.
- Increase your knowledge of quality assurance and the importance of maintaining quality throughout operations processes.
- Become familiar with corporate responsibility and how to achieve socially and environmentally responsible business practices.
About Harley Oxford
With over 100,000 learners and over 1000 courses, Harley Oxford is one of the leading providers offering online courses.
Interested in learning a new skill or hobby?
- Harley Oxford courses are accessible from anywhere in the world
- Each course is compatible with computers, laptops, tablets and most smartphones
- Each course comes with a course tutor
- Access FREE CV support and job tips
Study a Harley Oxford course at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home, and work towards industry recognised awards that will add value to your CV.
With our range of courses always growing, it is safe to say that at Harley Oxford we have a passion for learning, and that is why we will always go that extra mile for you as well as making sure that you get the best customer services available. If you want to learn more about a course or if you want to find out what course is right for you, let us know.