Course detailsNursing assistants may provide healthcare in settings such as elderly care homes, clinics, hospitals or in a patient’s own home. They are a valuable part of the medical team, and can perform a wide range of duties from monitoring vital signs to helping with feeding. This diploma course will introduce you to what being a nursing assistant is, and the skills you’ll need to develop to succeed in the role.
This course covers:
- Learn about the job of a nursing assistant.
- Look further into the duties of a nursing assistant.
- Examine the structure of a healthcare team.
- Find out which qualities make a good nursing assistant.
- Discover what patients and families expect from nursing care.
- Identify nursing principles and values, and how to apply them to the job.
- Learn about different healthcare settings, including hospitals and home care.
- Find out more about the healthcare workers' code of ethics.
- Learn how to recognise and manage abusive behaviours.
- Find out why cross-cultural sensitivity is important.
- Develop greater cultural awareness and communication skills.
- Study a two-part section on cleanliness, hygiene and infection control.
- Learn how to control the spread of infection in a healthcare setting.
- Discover the importance of good cleansing and sterilisation practices.
- Find out about safe medical waste disposal.
- Understand how to correctly lift a patient to prevent injuries.
- Learn how to transfer a patient from bed to wheelchair, or move them in bed.
- Look into the risk factors that apply to different health conditions.
- Go into detail on caring for patients under restraint.
- Learn how to prevent accidental injuries.
- Find out what’s involved in creating a comfortable environment for patients under your care.
About Harley Oxford
With over 100,000 learners and over 1000 courses, Harley Oxford is one of the leading providers offering online courses.
Interested in learning a new skill or hobby?
- Harley Oxford courses are accessible from anywhere in the world
- Each course is compatible with computers, laptops, tablets and most smartphones
- Each course comes with a course tutor
- Access FREE CV support and job tips
Study a Harley Oxford course at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home, and work towards industry recognised awards that will add value to your CV.
With our range of courses always growing, it is safe to say that at Harley Oxford we have a passion for learning, and that is why we will always go that extra mile for you as well as making sure that you get the best customer services available. If you want to learn more about a course or if you want to find out what course is right for you, let us know.