Course detailsCourse Overview
Is it your ambition to be a successful and well-paid Administrative Assistant or Office Administrator? You can now kick start your career with the Global Edulink certificate in Office Administration. As a UK leader in training courses to administrative personnel, Global Edulink ensures this course not only broadens your administration skill set but acts as evidence to employers that you can perform secretarial and office administrative tasks to a high standard.
On your journey to becoming an adept administrator, you will benefit from flexible online study times and put yourself in pole position to win a role that offers a generous salary.
Everything from producing administrative documents to essential Microsoft Office computer skills and data entry techniques will be covered by the course, meaning you will save both money and time thanks to an integrated curriculum.
You will also come away fully versed in the key components of social media management, both in a personal or a corporate context, and be advised on the best ways to write covering letters, CVs, business letters, reports and personal statements, not to mention interview preparation.
By the end of your course will also have developed a range of other demonstrable skills in areas including: customer service, technical writing, IT, and of course, administrative duties.
1. Diary management
- Diary Management
- Diary and Time Management with Outlook
- Business Writing Skills
- Introduction to Business Report Writing
- Exploring Reports
- How to Prepare for Writing
- Introduction to Effective Email Writing
- Writing Email Messages
- Email Manners
5. Successful meeting minutes
6. Note taking
- Note Taking
- Exercise Files: Note Taking
8. Appointment booking and arranging interviews
9. Delivering postal mail
11. Tips for speed reading
12. Creating an effective cv and cover letter
- Business Resumes & Job Applications
- How to Gather Information for Your CV
- Write your CV
- CV Writing Tips and Layouts
- Different CV Formats
- Saving a CV to Different Formats and Online CV Banks
- Finishing Your CV
14. Microsoft word
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- First Step to MS Word
- Text Editing & Formatting
- Formatting Paragraph and Pages
- Creating Styles, Themes, Number and Bullets
- Columns & Tables
- Macros and Proofing
- Sharing and Reviewing Documents
- Modify Word Document
15. Microsoft excel
- Exercise Files: Microsoft Excel 2016
- Data Entering
- Creating Formulas and Functions
- Worksheet Views, Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
- IF, VLOOKUP, and Power Functions, Security & Sharing
- Data Management, Data Analysis Tools
- PivotTables & Macros
- Getting Started with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Working with Presentations & Slides
- Adding Pictures & Contents to Slides
- Adding Shapes, Diagrams, Charts, Video, Audio, and Animation to Slides
- Preparing & Delivering Speech
- Reusing and Sharing Presentations
- Getting Started with Outlook
- Adding and Connecting Accounts, Reading & Organizing Mails
- Creating and Sending Mail, Creating and Working with People
- Working with Delegates & Calendars
- Creating Tasks and Notes, Working with Outlook Data
- Introduction to Accounting
- Financial & Managerial Accounting
- Introduction to QuickBooks
- Setting up the Employee Payroll
- Running the Payroll
- Exercise Files: QuickBooks for Payroll Management
- High-quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- The benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Updated on 18 April, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
- No prior experience or qualifications are needed to enrol, and students from all academic backgrounds are welcome.
- There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
- Applicants must be over the age of 17.
- Basic English proficiency, including both literacy, ICT and numeracy, are required.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.