Course detailsCatapult your network career by learning how to expertly use the powerful Unix operating system
Unix is a highly-popular infrastructure platform, allowing companies to have a much more customisation technology base than other competitor server/operating system products. With many government organisations utilising Linux, the market is strong for those that possess the knowledge provided in this course.
Global Edulink, a leading UK-based, online training provider, offers this Unix Administration Basics programme from which you’ll learn the foundations of Unix from the ground up in order to undertake the implementation and maintenance of the technology. With Linux and Unix are becoming more popular with Fortune 500 corporations and already very popular with government entities, you’ll prepare yourself for a variety of job opportunities by obtaining the knowledge provided in this course.
If you’re looking for advancement or entry into the IT field, you’ll also find this course extremely valuable in assisting to increase your marketability and secure choice employment. You’ll learn how to apply the knowledge you’ve gained in the real world and gain useful skill-sets that can be directly applied in the field.
This programme is entirely online and is completed at your own pace. You’ll be walked through the fundamental concepts used in Unix. You’ll discover the Unix file system structure, learn IP configuration, and file editing. You’ll see how job scheduling is carried out and learn how to network. You’ll also cover several useful basic Unix commands, and be introduced to system administration basics.
On completion of your programme, you’ll also understand:
- Unix basic commands
- Unix file sharing
- Process management
- Back-up and compression
- Shell scripting
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the key topics listed under the course curriculum section below. This course has been designed for 30 guided learning hours.
1. Virtual box
2. Basic commands
3. Ip configuration
4. File editing
5. File system structure
6. Finding files
7. Shell special characters
8. Regular expressions
9. Process management
10. Job scheduling
11. Customizing your account
12. Unix printing
14. X windows
15. Back up and compression
16. Text utility
17. Shell scripting 1 points tests 0 of 1 complete
18. System administration basics
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in Unix Administration Basics
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Updated on 22 April, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds. Having good education background will be advantage to study this course.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.