Course detailsWhat’s your favourite story and why?
We all have a favourite story. A tale that sticks in the mind, often for years. But what makes it memorable? Telling a good story is indeed an art form. Having the ability to ‘hook’ or engage your listeners is no easy task. Whether your audience is children or adults, gripping them and holding that attention is a skill.
So, with this superb Global Edulink course, learn what it takes to become a polished storyteller. People have been sharing stories socially and culturally for years, often with improvisation, theatrics, or some form of embellishment. Storytelling is a means of education, entertainment, cultural preservation, or instilling moral elements of stories and storytelling include a plot, characters, and a narrative point of view used both orally or in other media to disclose the narrative of that story. Discover how to connect with your audience, keep their attention, and tell a good tale. Grasp how to effectively recount stories of your family, for instance. And, construct a plot and story structures, and examine how to manage performance anxiety.
Whether you’re looking to simply tell fantastic chronicles to your children at bedtimes, oryou’re wanting to use your acquired skill professionally, say within business presentations or as part of your training delivery, or indeed, work as a successful and well-paid storyteller,Global Edulink can help in all these quests with our successful storytelling a UK leader in training programmes to a variety of industries, professionals, and individuals, we ensure this course not only broadens your storytelling skill set, but acts as evidence that you can perform your newly-acquired activities to a high standard.
1. HOW TO TELL A GREAT STORY?
- How to tell a Great Story?
- Overview of the Storytelling Triangle
- How to connect with your Story?
- Way of connecting with your Audience
4. EXPLAINING THE POWERFUL TELLING OF FAIRY TALES
5. LEARNING MYTH AND THE HEROS JOURNEY
6. UNDERSTANDING TENSIVE CONFLICT AND MEANING
7. HOW TO GIVE YOURSELF PERMISSION TO TELL?
8. DEFINITIONS OF VISUALIZATION AND MEMORY
9. HOW TO DISCOVER THE POINT OF VIEW? & MANIPULATION TIME FOCUS
- How to discover the Point of View?
- Understanding the Artful Manipulation of Time and Focus
11. WAY OF DEVELOPING COMPLEX CHARACTERS
12. LEARNING PLOT AND STORY STRUCTURES
13. OVERVIEW OF EMOTIONAL ARC AND EMPATHY
14. HOW TO VARY THE NARRATOR’S PERSPECTIVE?
15. DEFINITION OF VOCAL INTONATION
16. HOW TO PREPARE TO PERFORM?
17. PROCESS OF PUTTING PERFORMANCE ANXIETY TO GOOD USE
18. HOW TO ADAPT TO DIFFERENT AUDIENCES?
19. INVITATION TO THE AUDIENCE - MINDSET AND AUDIENCES ATTENTION
- Invitation to the Audience – Mindset
- How to keep your Audiences Attention
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in Mastering Storytelling for All.
Updated on 22 April, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
- This course is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. However, a sound educational background would be an advantage.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.