Course detailsIf you want to work in Health and Social Care then this course could be the perfect opportunity. Candidates will study a range of subjects to do with health and social issues, such as addictive behaviour, mood disorders and nutrition. The course is a complete guide and will help you to help others, whether you hope to become a Social Worker, a Counsellor or a Mental Health Worker, this course is the first step.
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
- Fundamentals of Health and Wellness
- Understanding Psychosocial Health for Personal Wellness
- Explore Mood Disorders and Personal Health
- Explaining Anxiety Disorders and Personal Health
- Explaining Psychotic Disorders and Personal Health
- Overview of Personality Disorders and Personal Health
- Overview of Stress Disorders and Personal Health
- Coping Mechanisms and Stress Management
- Usage of Drugs and Addictive Behaviors
- The Effects of Alcohol & Tobacco Use for Personal Health
- Identifying Substance Use Disorders and Drugs
- Understanding of Healthy Relationships and Sexuality
- Process of Family Planning and Contraception
- Explaining of Human Reproduction, Pregnancy & Birth
- Sexual & Gender Identity Disorders and Personal Health
- Studying Nutrition's Role in Health
- Applying Fitness for Personal Health
- Way of Weight Management for Personal Health
- Definition of Personal Health and the Aging Population
- Understanding of Dying & Bereavement in Personal Health
- Overview of Cardiovascular, Respiratory, & Endocrine Health
- Explaining about Cancer and Personal Health
- Infectious Conditions and Immune Disorders
- Understanding of Diabetes, Arthritis, and Genetic-Related Disorders
- Overview of Neurological Disorders, Symptoms & Conditions
- Fundamentals of Environmental Health and Risk Analysis
- Human Concerns and Environmental Health Issues
- Studying Intentional Violence and Injury
- What are Personal Safety Precautions?
- Understanding of Consumer Awareness of Health Care
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a Diploma in Health and Wellbeing.
Updated on 04 April, 2019
Eligibility / Requirements
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.