Course detailsAre you looking for a career in finance, maybe you hope to establish a business? This course is the perfect start!
Being qualified in Financial Accounting can open up many career opportunities, not just in finance, but in a range of public and private sector organisations. A career in finance is rewarding and means you’ll be in high demand. Upon successful completion of this course, you will have a thorough understanding of financial statements, mechanics of the accounting cycle, merchandising operations, and much more. Not only this, but you will be able to put these into practice. As well as this, you’ll develop practical knowledge and skills which can be transferred to the workplace, or could be useful if you hope to establish your own business.
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
1. INTRODUCTION: WHAT IS ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL STATEMENTS?
- Introduction: What Is Accounting?
- What Are Financial Statements?
- A Review of the Accounting Cycle
- Reporting and Preparing Financial Statements
- Internal Control in Accounting Systems Part 1
- Internal Control in Accounting Systems – Part 2
- Merchandise Management & Inventory Control Part 1
- Merchandise Management & Inventory Control Part 2
- Learn Basic Receivables Accounting
- Accounting for Sales, Property, Income Taxes and Employee Compensation
- Depreciation Expense Accounting
- Accounting for Current and Long-Term Liabilities – Part 1
- Accounting for Current and Long-Term Liabilities – Part 2
8. FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING & FINANCIAL STATEMENT ANALYSIS
- Financial Accounting & Financial Statement Analysis – part 1
- Financial Accounting & Financial Statement Analysis – part 2
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate in Mastering Financial Accounting.
Updated on 07 June, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.