Course detailsCompTIA Security+ (SY0-401 or JK0-018)
IT security is paramount to organizations as cloud computing and mobile devices have changed the way we do business. With the massive amounts of data transmitted and stored on networks throughout the world, it’s essential to have effective security practices in place. That’s where CompTIA Security+ comes in. Get the Security+ certification to show that you have the skills to secure a network and deter hackers and you’re ready for the job.
This course is designed to cover the following modules:
- Network Security
- Compliance and Operational Security
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Application, Data and Host Security
- Access Control and Identity Management
This online training course is comprehensive and is designed to cover the key topics listed under the course curriculum section below. This course has been designed for 30 guided learning hours.
- What is network security
- Understanding compliance and operational security
- Identifying threats and vulnerabilities
- Identifying application, data and host security and access control
- Learning cryptography
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card
- Recognised Accredited Qualification
- Excellent customer service and administrative support
- [The CompTIA SY0-401 or JK0-018 Security+ exam is 90 minutes long, consisting of 90 multiple choice and performance based questions.
- A mark of 750 (on a scale of 100-900) is required to pass the exam.
- You can sit this exam in the following languages: English, Japanese and Portuguese.
- The exam tests you on: network security, compliance and operation security, threats and vulnerabilities as well as application, data and host security. Also included are access control, identity management, and cryptography]
Please note: The official exam is not included and must be purchased separately.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in CompTIA SY0-401 or JK0-018 Security+.
Updated on 17 May, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds. However, it is recommended that anyone sitting this exam should have a CompTIA Network+ certificate and two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.