Become a skilled vegetable gourmet chef
By gaining a recognised qualification through a leading UK training provider such as Global Edulink, you can learn valuable nutritional principles and make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Why You Should Choose Global Edulink
- 12 months Access to your course.
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- CPD and iAP accredited certificate upon successful completion
- Tutor Support available Monday – Friday
With this course, you’ll gain expert insight and learn techniques of how to expertly cook complex and versatile vegetables such as squash, cauliflower, root vegetables, potatoes and other tubers, in ways that enhance their flavours whilst maintaining their high nutritional values. There are more than 20 vegetable cooking recipes containing step-by-step demonstrations of delicious main dishes, sides, soups, stews, and even desserts and cocktails.
You’ll also learn how to:
- Choose vegetables in the store or farmer’s market
- Correctly store the produce
- Cook them effectively at home or in the catering kitchen
- Understanding how to expertly cook a wide range of interesting and appealing vegetables can be confusing or daunting but our course provides you with all the information you require to become a vegetable gourmet chef.
- Identify colorful carrots
- Guide to summer and winter squashes
- Artichokes and inflorescents cauliflower
- Coocking marvelous mushrooms and salad
- Learn about field and cooking greens
- Celery root and parsnips root vegetables
- All about alliums onions and garlic
- Why fruits masquerading as vegetables?
- What are bulb vegetables fennel and celery?
- Turnips and brassicas brussels sprouts
- Identify potatoes and other tubers
- Stems and stalks/ asparagus and rhubarb
- Know your cabbages! Red, green and savoy
- What are beets and beet greens?
- Identifying italian, chinese and japanese eggplant
- Learn about amazing avocado
- About chili peppers and peas
- Planned-overs or leftovers
- Identifying exotic vegetables
- Learn herbs and blossoms for an elegant dinner
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in Healthy Cooking: Cooking with Vegetables.
Updated on 11 September, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
- There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.