Course detailsDo you have a flair for science?
Studying Chemistry can open a lot of doors as it shows intelligence, mathematic ability, being able to record and collect information and analytical skills. Whether you’re interested in work as a scientist, hope to go on to further study, or simply want to broaden your awareness, this course is the perfect start and would be very useful for students who need support during A-Level study of the subject. The course covers 14 modules, and will teach you all the fundamentals of chemistry, so you can understand atoms, gases, kinetics and much more!
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
1. METRIC SYSTEM, SCIENTIFIC NOTATION AND PROPERTIES OF MATTER AND ATOM
- Metric System, Scientific Notation and Properties of Matter
- The Characteristics of an Atom
- Periodic Properties of the Elements
- Basic Concepts of Nuclear Chemistry
- The Octet Rule and Lewis Structures of Atoms
- Types of Chemical Bonds
5. GASES AND KINETIC MOLECULAR THEORY
- Gases and Kinetic Molecular Theory
- Gas Laws and Chemical Formulas for Gases
- Chemistry of solutions
- Chemical Equations and Calculations
- Types of Chemical Reactions – Part 1
- Types of Chemical Reactions- Part 2
- Equilibrium in Chemical Processes
- Rates and Mechanisms of Chemical Reactions
- Basic Concepts in Thermochemistry
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate in General Chemistry.
Updated on 17 May, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.