Course detailsUnderstand the basics of Statistics
Statistics Fundamentals is a program designed to provide a base knowledge of post-secondary level statistics. This program is extremely beneficial for individuals who require refresher in statistics or for those that never had a chance to take a post-secondary university statistics class.
This class can also be a very effective review tool for students that are interested in getting the best base for starting a post-secondary statistics course. With many of the basics in statistics covered throughout the 12 module course, you can enjoy having an advanced knowledge of statistics before the course takes place. Using the modules in combination with your current learning tasks will help you to achieve higher grades as well as with studying for any type of lab or exam scenario.
Through 12 different modules the course will explain some of the basics of statistics and where they can be applied in business, research and more. From the base introduction you’ll learn more about the world of statistics as a whole and how it can be applied to many different types of situations. Learn more about data as a whole and how it can be managed as well as the base of probability.
Statistics fundamentals can become extremely helpful for data management within a business as well as predictability and planning within any type of business. In both funding analysis as well as future planning, the ability to manipulate mass amounts of data can help to predict behaviour within an organization.
Statistics fundamentals can also be extremely helpful for research purposes. If you are currently working in a research field and you are interested in getting more out of your data management capabilities, this course can help to prepare you to take on any research task. Pull data from a study with ease, create charting and prepare probability reports for the future of the data that you gather. These are the types of skills that you can easily put into use after taking this 12-module program.
- Introduction to the course
- Explore the world of statistics
- Identifying the center of the data
- Definition of data variability
- Explaining distribution and relative position
- A brief introduction to probability
- Understanding multiple event probability
- How to arrange objects?
- Probability distributions: discrete vs. Continuous
- Learning about discrete probability distributions
- Overview of continuous probability distributions
By enrolling in to this course, you’ll get:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Successful students will be awarded a certificate in Statistics Essential Training.
Updated on 22 April, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
- This course is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. However, a sound educational background would be an advantage.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.