Learn DIY the sensible way with Study365 and your home will be a masterpiece in no time. This course is comprehensive and includes instruction from experienced professionals, so you’ll be getting accurate and up to date teaching. Learn about a whole range of techniques and methods to get your home looking beautiful in no time.
Why You Should Choose Study 365
- 12 months Access to your course.
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- CPD and iAP accredited certificate upon successful completion
- Tutor Support available Monday – Friday
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the key topics listed under the curriculum.
1: INTRODUCTION TO COURSE AND TOOLS
1. Introduction To The DIY Home Improvement Basics
2. Hand Tools
3. Power Tools
2: DRYWALL REPAIR
1. Power Tools
2. Sanding And Primer Application
4: WINDOW SAFETY LOCKS
1. Window Safety Locks
5: WINDOW BLINDS
1. Removing Existing Blinds
2. Installing New Blinds
6: DOOR STOP
1. Door Stop
7: BI-FOLD CLOSET DOORS
1. Bi-Fold Closet Doors
8: INTERIOR DOORKNOB
1. Interior Doorknob
9: EXTERIOR DOORKNOB AND DEADBOLT
1. Introduction To Exterior Doorknob And Deadbolt
2. Replacing The Deadbolt And Door Knob
3. Replacing The Strike Plates
10: DOOR WEATHER STRIPPING
1. Door Weather Stripping
11: LIGHT FIXTURE
1. Light Fixture
12: CEILING FAN
1. Removing An Existing Ceiling Fan
2. Installing A New Ceiling Fan
3. Installing A Light On The Ceiling Fan
13: LIGHT SWITCH
1. Light Switch
14: UNCLOGGING A SINK DRAIN
1. Introduction To Unclogging A Sink Drain
2. How To Remove Or Replace The Under-Sink Plumbing Trap
15: GARBAGE DISPOSAL
1. Removing The Exisiting Garbage Disposal
2. Replacing The Sink Flange And Mounting Hardware
4. Attaching The New Garbage Disposal
16: BATHROOM FAUCET
1. Introduction To Bathroom Faucets
2. Installing A New Bathroom Faucet
3. Connecting The Water Supply To Faucet
1. Preparing The Toilet Flange
2. Setting The New Toilet In Place
3. Connecting The Water Supply To Toilet
18: LAMINATE FLOORING
1. Introduction To Laminate Flooring
2. Removing The Existing Flooring
3. Preparing The Door Jambs
4. Transition Molding Layout
6. Laminate Flooring Layout
7. Cutting The Floor
8. Installing The Flooring-Part
9. Cutting Around The Door Jambs
10. Installing Around Doorways
11. Marketing Transition Molding
12. Final Row Installation
13. Installing The Transition Molding
14. Installing Quarter-Round Trim
You will have 12 Months access to your online study platform from the date you purchased the course. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. You can complete the course in stages revisiting the training at any time.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course, learners will take an online multiple choice question assessment test. The online test is marked straight away, so you will know immediately if you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate for DIY Home Improvement Basics.
Why Choose Us?
- Our courses represent outstanding value for money
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Each course is designed by industry experts, using an innovative interactive learning approach.
- Includes step-by-step guided videos tutorials.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- 24/7 Access to the Online Learning Portal.
- Anytime & Anywhere Learning.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Eligibility / Requirements
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy, and ICT.
About Study 365
Study 365 is an online course provider, offering more than 400 courses to students across the globe. We have built a solid reputation which has elevated us to become one of the most trusted and reliable course providers in the online learning marketplace. With over 100,000 students on our books, we’re the preferred choice for many online learners.
- Unrivalled choice
At Study 365, we offer a diverse range of online courses, where students can study everything from accounting, to design, beauty therapy, IT and education and training. All of our courses are completely relevant to the real world, so you can gain vital skills applicable to your chosen career.
- Accessible and affordable
We aim to make it easy to help you gain new skills, so you’ll find that many of our courses are open to students without previous experience or qualifications. Of course, if you’re looking for a course that builds on existing skills, we offer these too, in which case, entry requirements may be stipulated. Crucially, our courses are affordable, making it easy for anyone to kick-start a new career.
- Informative and secure
With our comprehensive course information, we make it simple for you to decide if a particular course is right for you. As well as detailing what the course involves, we reveal who might suit the course, and what career path you could take with it. With real student reviews, you can also find out what others have to stay from their experience of a course.
Once you’ve chosen a course, getting started is quick and fuss-free. Our online system is very secure, so your personal details will be kept safe at all times.
- Learn at your own pace
Many people choose to study online because they have other commitments in their daily lives, such as juggling family and work. The beauty of learning through Study 365 is that you can learn at your own pace in the comfort of your own home, at any time of day or night, on any device, to suit your personal circumstances. This flexibility means studying with us is easy, even if your life is already busy.
- Expert tutor support
Although you learn on your own with our courses, we appreciate that you’ll need expert guidance to make sure you’re on the right track and to offer support as and when it’s needed. That’s why each course is supported by professional tutors who are experienced and knowledgeable in your chosen course topic.
- As good as the classroom
As an expert online course provider, we understand that students expect the same level of course quality as if they were in a classroom situation. At Study 365, all of our courses have been meticulously designed, so they easily rival any style of course offered in a classroom setting.
- Versatile and motivated learning
We appreciate that some students can find it hard to motivate themselves to learn online under their own initiative, so we’ve tried to make the courses as inspiring and interesting as possible, to ensure students stay motivated, from start to finish. Tuition comes in the form of professional video tutorials, narrated e-learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams.
- Assessment and certification
To show understanding of your learning, you’ll be assessed by Study 365 on completion of your modules.