Those working in an administration or reception role will often be promoted once they have sufficient experience, so it’s a good way to get your foot in the door of your chosen industry. We provide a course which will give you practical knowledge and training in the fundamentals of administration and reception. Understand the role itself, and learn all of the skills needed. You will be trained in word processing, spread sheets, PowerPoint and other relevant software. As well as this, you’ll understand the relevant office and admin tasks and will be able to deliver excellent customer service.
Our Office Admin and Reception Skills offer you the opportunity to study 24/7 wherever you are in the world. These intensive on line courses are opened to anyone with an interest in the topic and give you access to world-class learning led by 1Training International.
1Training International works in partnership with NUS, so all registered 1Training learners can get an NUS Extra discount card, which gives you amazing discounts on thousands of products from the biggest companies.
Why should I choose 1Training?
- No Hidden Fees
- The price shown on Laimoon is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- Accredited qualification
- Excellent quality video tutorials
- You'll be eligible for an NUS Discount Card
- Get one year's access to the course
- Get support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join our friendly online learning platform
- Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. So, you can access your course on Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G.
Learn for less with 1Training discount courses online! You’ll love 1Training’s excellent quality, competitive prices, and first class learner support. With this excellent discount course you can expect professional qualification, which will enable you to enhance your CV in no time, and for less!
What skills am I going to get from this course?
The course provides the the opportunity to gain recognised skills in:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Diary management, record keeping and filing
- Business, report and e-mail writing
- Handling confidential documents
- Taking notes, dictating, and proofreading
- Arranging interviews, bookings, and travel
- Delivering mail
- Speed reading and speed typing
- Creating an effective CV and cover letter
- Receptionist, customer service skills, and telephone skills
Learners will have 365 days access to their chosen course. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. If you need to extend your course access duration, it can be done at any time by extending your subscription.
1. Diary management
- Diary Management
- Diary and Time Management with Outlook
- Business Writing Skills
- Introduction to Business Report Writing
- Exploring Reports
- How to Prepare for Writing
- Introduction to Effective Email Writing
- Writing Email Messages
- Email Manners
5. Successful meeting minutes
6. Note taking
7. Data management, record keeping and filing
8. Appointment booking and arranging interviews
9. Delivering postal mail
11. Tips for speed reading
12. Creating an effective cv and cover letter
- Business Resumes & Job Applications
- How to Gather Information for Your CV
- Write your CV
- CV Writing Tips and Layouts
- Different CV Formats
- Saving a CV to Different Formats and Online CV Banks
- Finishing Your CV
14. Microsoft word
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- First Step to MS Word
- Text Editing & Formatting
- Formatting Paragraph and Pages
- Creating Styles, Themes, Number and Bullets
- Columns & Tables
- Macros and Proofing
- Sharing and Reviewing Documents
- Modify Word Document
- Getting Started with Microsoft Excel
- Data Entering
- Creating Formulas and Functions
- Worksheet Views, Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
- IF, VLOOKUP, and Power Functions, Security & Sharing
- Data Management, Data Analysis Tools
- PivotTables & Macros
- Getting Started with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Working with Presentations & Slides
- Adding Pictures & Contents to Slides
- Adding Shapes, Diagrams, Charts, Video, Audio, and Animation to Slides
- Preparing & Delivering Speech
- Reusing and Sharing Presentations
- Getting Started with Outlook
- Adding and Connecting Accounts, Reading & Organizing Mails
- Creating and Sending Mail, Creating and Working with People
- Working with Delegates & Calendars
- Creating Tasks and Notes, Working with Outlook Data
- The 90: 90 Principle to create a powerful first impression
- Hot Telephone Tips
- Get the facts- ask the right questions
- Discuss Solutions- learning to listen
- Dealing with difficult customers
- At the end of the course learners will take an online multiple-choice question assessment test. This online multiple-choice question test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
- Upon successful completion of this course, all learners will be awarded a FREE e-certificate (PDF format), and can also pay only £19 to receive a printed version of the certificate if they wish.
Those who successfully pass this course will be awarded an Office Admin and Reception Skills Certificate. Anyone eligible for certification will receive a FREE e-certificate with NO additional cost. Updated on 25 February, 2019
Eligibility / Requirements
- You must be 16 or over
- You should have a basic understanding of English, Maths and ICT
- You will need a computer or tablet with internet connection (or access to one)
We believe that online learning should be modern and innovative, which is why we created 1Training. Offering courses on a wide range of topics, we can help you find the career of your dreams, and will help you every step of the way. Cutting edge teaching techniques, a wide range of topics, and the personal touch is our recipe for deliciously simple learning. If you don’t believe us, just ask the 10,000+ people we’ve already helped to realise their full potential.
1 Training has established an excellent reputation in the UK for providing professional and vocational training, aiming particularly to train young people for the world of work. 1 Training aims to fill gaps in employment skills, whilst placing an emphasis on the changing nature of work itself. We are regarded as a leading provider of this type of training, as well as general workforce development, and are known throughout the UK and the world for our excellent results.
We offer hundreds of courses in accounting, teacher training, business and office administration, health and social care, project management, accounting, beauty therapy, IT and customer service etc. – providing a worthwhile and practical education in industries that are each rapidly growing and consistently recruiting.
- All of our 1 Training tutors have a wealth of experience and qualifications in their field – they are highly knowledgeable, organised and fully equipped to provide courses that will stimulate and inspire.
- Our training courses combine theoretical and practical sessions that work to develop knowledge and ability, as well as instil vital confidence, in our students.
- We deliver a high-quality professional and vocational education, using excellent academic course materials that will not only educate but equip you to be successful in your field.
- By participating in our education programmes, you will strengthen your academic, vocational, and technical skills through assignments that place an emphasis on each.
- 1 Training is committed to helping all learners acquire worthwhile academic, vocational and technical skills. Upon completion, you will be prepared for the highly skilled, well paid, and in-demand employment opportunities of the 21st-century global economy.
By enrolling in to our online courses, you’ll get:
- Affordable & Engaging E-Learning Content.
- High quality e-learning study materials, and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Anytime & Anywhere Learning.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Amazing Reviews from Current and Past Students.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.