Enhance your reception and administrative skills to improve your prospects of gaining employment or promotion within the broad field of office administration. A Diploma in Office Administration and Reception from recognised course provider Global Edulink will demonstrate to employers your willingness and ability to learn and improve.
The Diploma in Office Administration and Reception is delivered in four units, delivered through professionally developed tutorials:
Unit 1: Customer service skills;
Unit 2: Developing ICT skills and business communication;
Unit 3: Professional and personal development, and managing a business environment;
Unit 4: Record keeping (Finance and HR).
The course will also focus on improving general customer service skills (which are vital for working as a Receptionist or in any role with customer contact). You will also learn how to prepare and produce business documentation such as letters, presentations and memos and how to communicate within a business environment through emails and social media.
We know that learning these skills are vital to working in an office or Receptionist role, but we also understand that gaining employment can be difficult without adequate job-seeking skills. Therefore, your course will also cover CV, cover letter and personal statement preparation, as well as job interview techniques.
With flexible study times of online learning, apply today to easily gain the skills needed to be a successful Receptionist, Office admin, Office manager, Administrative assistant or Secretary and begin to start a good career.
By the end of your course, you will have gained or improved your Administrative, Receptionist, ICT, Customer Services, Finance, HR and technical writing skills and improved your chances of gaining employment or making good progress in your career.
- Developing customer service skills
- Business reports and letter writing
- E-mails writing tips
- Typing speed development
- Tips for speed reading
- Microsoft word
- Microsoft excel
- Microsoft powerpoint
- Microsoft outlook
- Microsoft access
- Diary management
- Handling confidential documents
- Job functions and description of office admin/ manager
- Successful meeting minutes
- Note taking
- Document proofreading
- Appointment booking and arranging interviews
- Delivering postal mail
- Organising a meeting
- Data management, record keeping and filing
- Event planning
- Arrange business travel & accommodation
- Quickbooks for payroll management
- Invoicing/petty cash
- Supervising and monitoring the office works
- Time management
- Motivating employees
- Creating an effective cv and cover letter
By learning online, you can access your course content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and can easily fit your learning around your busy life. With specialist mentor support, plus all the reading and study materials you need plus an online study forum and platform you will be guided through each step of gaining your qualification.
You will take a final, multiple-choice assessment at the end of your course; this is marked automatically so you will immediately know whether you have passed and gained your qualification. Students who pass the course will gain a Diploma in Office Administration and Reception.
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in to this course, you’ll get:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Eligibility / Requirements
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.