Course detailsDemonstrate basic competence in maintain food hygiene standards by completing the Level 1 Food Safety Awareness in Catering Online Course. Developed by food safety expert Dr Lisa Ackerley, this course provides all the basic knowledge learners need to work safely when handling food.
This course includes:
- Identify and mitigate common food safety hazards.
- Understand the principles of food poisoning and the measures need to prevent outbreaks.
- Using contamination controls to prevent food from exposed to harmful contaminants.
- Temperature controls and how they are used to store food safely.
- Handling food during and after delivery.
- Ensuring food handling areas are kept clean, safe and free from waste and pests.
About Harley Oxford
With over 100,000 learners and over 1000 courses, Harley Oxford is one of the leading providers offering online courses.
Interested in learning a new skill or hobby?
- Harley Oxford courses are accessible from anywhere in the world
- Each course is compatible with computers, laptops, tablets and most smartphones
- Each course comes with a course tutor
- Access FREE CV support and job tips
Study a Harley Oxford course at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home, and work towards industry recognised awards that will add value to your CV.
With our range of courses always growing, it is safe to say that at Harley Oxford we have a passion for learning, and that is why we will always go that extra mile for you as well as making sure that you get the best customer services available. If you want to learn more about a course or if you want to find out what course is right for you, let us know.