Course detailsMastering Information System Management
Every business or company today requires an excellent IT system and effective management of this system, which is what makes Information Systems Managers so sought after. This position involves the implementation and management of computer and IT systems. As well as this, an Information Systems Manager will liaise between an organisation’s management team and IT specialists. Someone who does this job could also be known as: a Functional Manager, a Service Delivery Manager or a Systems Manager.
As you can imagine, this career is highly profitable and in demand, once qualified there are a range of positions open to you in any number of companies.
This course is designed to teach you the following:
- Information system of an organisation
- Systems and Hardware of Technology
- Application software and system software
- Extranet, intranet, and the internet
- Technology for network systems
- Specialised information systems and decision support system
- System development
- Social, ethical and business implications and other issues
- Data management
- Introduction to programming
- Study of business
Thus, you have the opportunity to analyse the needs of both the individuals within a company, and the economic needs of the company. This certificate also demonstrates outstanding organisational, problem solving and communications skills. So as you can see, those who successfully pass the course will be highly employable and in demand.
Studying with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand. This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to study efficiently and guide you to secure your qualification.
1. UNDERSTANDING INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN ORGANIZATIONS
- Understanding Information Systems in Organizations
- Systems Technologies and Hardware
- Explore Systems Software and Application Software – Part one
- Explore Systems Software and Application Software – Part two
- Explaining Internet, Intranet, and Extranet
- Overview of Network Systems Technology
- Understanding Enterprise Business Systems
- What are Decision Support Systems and Specialized Information Systems?
- Definition of Systems Development
- Explore Data Management – Part one
- Explore Data Management – Part two
- Identifying Business, Social, and Ethical Implications and Issues
- Programming Fundamentals – Part One
- Programming Fundamentals – Part Two
- High-quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- The benefit of applying forNUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
At the end of the course learners will take an online multiple choice question assessment test. This test is marked automatically, so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded certificate in Mastering Information System Management.
Updated on 22 April, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
This course is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. However, some experience with IT systems would be an advantage.
Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.