Course detailsSince we’ve been able to sequence the entire human genome, there has been a huge shift in the science of human genetics. There is now a wealth of resources which can be harnessed by researchers to identify certain genetic variants that influence our health. This will eventually help us to understand the underlying molecular pathology of a whole host of diseases that we don’t understand at the moment. In the future, we will be able to use treatments and prevention strategies, and you could be a part of the future of this course.
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
- What are the molecular and chromosomal basis of inheritance?
- What are transmission mendelian genetics?
- Identifying population genetics and evolution
- Developmental genetics and model organisms
- Identifying dna damage, mutation, and repair
- Discovering human genetics
- Definition of comparative genomics
- Explore dna technology and transgenic organisms
- High-quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- The benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
At the end of the course, learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a certificate in the Fundamentals of Human Molecular Genetics.
Updated on 17 May, 2018
Eligibility / Requirements
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
About Global Edulink
Global Edulink – online education for a skill-hungry workforce
Education is just one aspect of life that can shape who you are and who you want to be as an employee. In a time-poor world, sometimes you need a flexible approach to help you achieve your goals. Online learning with Global Edulink offers just that – professional and vocational training to fit in with your life.
Global Edulink is well-established in the UK, but reaches out to learners all over the world. The company aims to bridge the gaps in a three step process of training, skills, and jobs, where you can learn at your own pace using interactive teaching techniques.
How the courses work
Learn with Global Edulink and you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from tutors that are well qualified and experienced in their industry sector. Your tutor will be your mentor and support during your learning journey.
- Because each course combines practical and theory, you’ll pick up essential knowledge and gain the confidence to put it into practice at the same time.
- High-quality course materials are provided, which you can access at any time during the course, which will help strengthen your knowledge and help you to perform well in the workplace.
- You’ll find a course structure focused around modules, which can have mock and final exams at the end, with pass grades and diplomas awarded on completion. Some courses will lead to professional qualifications assessed and awarded by external bodies such as NCFE, PEARSON, and PEOPLECERT etc.
- Browse through the course guides and you will find details on any skill level or entry requirements, who the course is best suited to and what you can hope to achieve and build on while you learn. Some courses require no prior knowledge or experience, while others are for those already in a specific job or with some experience to build on. The course details also cover the method of assessment and length of course.