- Other Location: England - United Kingdom
- Duration: 120 Hours
The British Institute of Facilities Management ("BIFM") is the professional body for facilities management (FM) in the UK. Founded in 1993, the Institute represents and promotes the interest of members and the wider FM community. BIFM delivers a range of services and benefits, including information, qualifications, continuing professional development, training and networking for over 13,000 individual and corporate members. Our strategy is to increase participation and collaboration, promote professional standards, support career development and build an effective relationship with stakeholders including Government.
Facilities management professionals are responsible for services that support business. Their roles can cover management of a wide range of areas including: health and safety, risk management, business continuity, procurement, sustainability, space planning, energy, property and asset management. They are typically responsible for activities such as catering, cleaning, building maintenance, environmental services, security and reception.
- Overview of facilities management
- Understanding facilities management strategy
- Understanding people management in facilities management
- Understanding facilities management support services operations
- Managing health and safety in own area of facilities management
- Understanding risk management in facilities management
- Understanding financial management in facilities management
- Understanding the business organisation and its impact on facilities management
- Understanding performance measurement in facilities management
- Understanding leadership and management in facilities management
- Understanding the management of information and knowledge in facilities management
- Understanding facilities management projects
- Developing relationships with suppliers and specialists in facilities management
- Understanding quality management in facilities management
- Managing customer service in facilities management management for facilities managers
- Understanding property, fabric and building services maintenance for facilities managers
- Understanding space management for facilities managers
- Understanding sustainability and environmental issues and the impact on facilities management
- Understanding energy and utilities management and the impact on facilities management
- Understanding procurement and contract management in facilities management
- Managing accessibility and inclusion and its impact on facilities management
Assessment could include:
- a requirement for the application of knowledge to a Facilities Management work-based scenario whenever possible
- incorporation of a variety of multiple choice question paper, written, practical and oral testing of the Learning Outcomes
BIFM does not state any formal entry requirements, but learners will normally be practising middle management or will be progressing from a Level 3 Qualification in Facilities Management.Updated on 28 October, 2018
About The Business School UK
We are The Business School UK and our passion is training and development. We work with all groups: from individuals through to blue chip organisations. Above all, we deliver a first-rate learning experience designed to ensure success. We provide training in all its forms, from face-to-face through to use of the extensive Virtual Learning Environment.
We are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK), the Institute of Leadership and Management, and the British Institute of Leadership and Management to deliver approved courses from Levels 2 through to 6. We also provide bespoke training to meet the needs of individuals or organisations. A particular speciality of ours is to provide only the training that is necessary to achieve a requirement; we do this by accreditation of prior learning and working closely with the appropriate professional institute to create a cost-effective, bespoke but relevant course that meets professional standards.
We are registered as a provider of Apprenticeships, working closely with employers to design training and support to meet specific needs. By establishing strong relationships and partnerships, we are proud of our ability to ensure learning is fully applied in the workplace, adding value to both employers and apprentices.
Studying with us, you are never alone; we have expert tutors who are on hand to provide guidance with all aspects of any of the courses and are always happy to help. The quality of our tutors is a particular strength of ours; we select only the best quality and most experienced, who are dedicated in the delivery of the best performance, leading to excellent results.
We work in a variety of sectors, but in particular we have excellent strengths in the public sector (including Defence, Local government, NHS and the Emergency Services), oil and gas, manufacturing, logistics, communications, and Logistics/Supply Chain.See all The Business School UK courses