- Fees / Price AED 9,220
- Duration 2 days
- Timings 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Locations DIFC, Riyadh Financial Centre...+1 more
Why study this course at this institution?
Trainers – You will learn from the trainers how to understand the subject matter and put the topics into context. All of our trainers are experienced professionals and will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry.
Interactive – You can practice what you learn before applying it in the workplace, as all of our courses are designed to be highly interactive with no more than 16 participants. The discursive style of training encourages you to bring a level of confidence to future decisions and analysis.
Who is this course for?
This programme is designed for analysts, regulators and insurance personnel who have limited or no experience in the interpretation and analysis of insurance company financial statements. The workshop is designed as a preparation for the Insurance Company Analysis workshop.
What will I learn?
The overall goal of this two-day workshop is for participants to understand the key components of an insurance company's financial statements to appreciate how these might vary according to the accounting standard used, and to learn to use a few key ratios to analyse financial strength. The course is designed to provide a basic technical background to the insurance industry as a precursor to attending our Insurance Company Analysis workshop.
Specifically, in this introductory course, participants will be equipped to:
- Distinguish the risks inherent in the main products offered by life, non-life (P&C) and reinsurance companies and recognise how these are reflected in the financial statements
- Understand the key components of an insurance company's income statement, balance sheet and cash-flow statement
- Recognise the impact of differing accounting standards, reserving policies and changes in external variables (such as interest rates and asset prices) on the financial statements
- Calculate and apply some basic ratios to quantify an insurance company's financial strength, performance and risk profile.
How will I benefit from taking this course?
For those new to the analysis of insurance companies, covering the basics of insurance company financial statements, products and risks.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Participants should have a firm grasp of accounting and be familiar with basic credit concepts before attending this programme. The two-day Introduction to Corporate Financial Statements is designed as a preparation for those with limited accounting and banking experience.
Fitch Learning is the global leader in financial education, providing end to end solutions for a wide range of technical training and exam based qualifications. We operate across the globe and have learning centres in London, Dubai, New York, and Singapore. We train the largest Investment Banks, Asset Managers and Global Banks. So whether you are an individual looking to enhance your career or a training professional looking for the optimum training partner Fitch Learning can help.See all Fitch Learning UK courses