A lot has changed since David Ulrich, the 'father' of HR business partnering first presented his model for the optimum delivery of HR in the 1990s. HR business partnering is now a popular and widespread approach to organizing the HR function and there is an ongoing debate over what the role involves, how it should be put into practice and the challenges faced.
What will I learn?
- Appreciate the changing context in which HR is operating and the resulting shift in expectations and skills required of the HRBP role
- Explain the four foundations of business savvy HR and understand how to apply this in their organisation
- Speak the financial language of business and apply this in their role to develop their credibility
- Apply fundamental financial knowledge to everyday HR scenarios
- Work with data to apply evidence based HR and workplace analytics to utilize an insight-led approach to HR
- Make a commitment to their personal development as an HRBP Exam Preparation and Review
All aspiring HR Business Partners, Junior HR Business Partners who want to sharpen their skills and mid-level HR practitioners and professionals who are keen to understand the role in more detail would benefit from this course.
How will I benefit from taking this course?
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a certificate from CIPD and PwC's Academy.
How will I be assessed?
This interactive session will be delivered using a mix of multisensory approaches including facilitated sessions, group work, case studies, exercises and activities. Participants will also receive a workbook with additional content for self-guided learning.
Updated on 21 May, 2019
About PwC's AcademyPwC Academy is the educational business of the global organisation PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). Our goal is to give people greater knowledge, competence and expertise in finance and business. Our foundation is our team of expert professionals, who convey their wealth of knowledge and the practical experience they have gained within leading organisations around the world.
We offer a variety of training courses covering professional qualifications, financial competencies, and management skills. The courses are based on both the individual experiences of our experts and the best practices of PwC Global. We constantly adapt our courses to meet the needs of modern business and tailor them to our client’s requirements. PwC’s Academies in the Middle East are part of PwC’s growing network of Academies which are present in over 30 countries worldwide. Through the network of PwC’s Academies we continually exchange best practices and successful methodologies to ensure that we are consistently providing industry leading training programmes. See all PwC's Academy courses