- Duration: 5 Days
- Timings: Part Time, 4 PM- 9 PM
Legal English is a different language from general English. Just as lawyers in your own country write in a different language from other people, so do English speaking lawyers. This course addresses this issue.
- The language of discussing the Legal Profession and the Legal System
- The language of contract law
- The language of Business and company law
- The language of Banking and Finance
- The language of the law of Tort
- The language of Employment law
- The language of property/real estate
- The language of intellectual Property law
- The language of European Union law
- The vocabulary of written contracts
- The vocabulary of oral contracts
- Ability to read texts on legal topics in all major area of law
- Collocation in all areas of legal communication
- Preposition in all areas of legal communication
- Modern letter writing
- The style of written contracts
- Listening for gist, comprehension and specific vocabulary
- Any lawyer or law student working in the international market
- Law firms who require training in modern legal writing
- Law students who wish to study law in the UK
- Translators and interpreters
Higher Legal English is recommended for legal professionals who wish to work in an international commercial environment. The course has a strong focus upon the language of written contracts and accurate letter writing in that it is based on consultations with law firms as to candidates’ true needs in the workplace.
Course will be taught by UK quailed lawyer.Updated on 08 November, 2015
About EMG Associates (UK) LimitedWho We Are:
We are a dynamic, enterprising, and creative organisation committed to providing excellent legal services enriched by our focus on our clients.
To be recognised as the leader of legal products & services in our market segments based on our organisational an operational excellence.
- Deliver great products and services at affordable prices through a consistent and excellent service experience;
- To pursue excellence in the professional educational and developmental efforts within our specialty.
We provide post qualification CPD training for the legal profession. We are authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority to provide courses for the purpose of CPD. Courses are also suitable for members of ILEX and the Institute of Paralegals.
We have a reputation for delivering high quality, cost-effective training. Our acclaimed teaching strategy is based on personalised learning, where we aim to develop the competence and confidence of every delegate by actively engaging them in the seminars.
Our legal consultancy division concentrates on providing legal solutions for today's business environment. Knowledge of diverse business backgrounds enables us to understand clients' needs and to provide bespoke solutions for all size operations.
Our goal is to provide simplicity and convenience to our clients always focusing on practical, business-focused solutions.
Our divisions work closely together to deliver high quality legal products and services. See all EMG Associates (UK) Limited courses