This version of this course, 20417A, utilizes pre-release software in the virtual machines for the labs. This course is designed primarily for people who want to upgrade their technical skills from Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2012. It presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server versions.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012 servers.
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server 2012 servers.
- Use Windows PowerShell 3.0 to manage Windows Server 2012 servers.
- Configure storage on Windows Server 2012 servers.
- Deploy and manage network services.
- Deploy and manage a DirectAccess infrastructure.
- Provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering.
- Deploy and configure virtual machines on Hyper-V.
- Deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
- Configure Dynamic Access Control to manage and audit access to shared files.
- Implement the new features in Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) for Windows Server 2012.
- Plan and implement an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) deployment.
- Module 1: Installing and Configuring Servers Based on Windows Server 2012
- Module 2: Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2012
- Module 3: Managing Windows Server 2012 by Using Windows PowerShell 3.0
- Module 4: Managing Storage for Windows Server 2012
- Module 5: Implementing Network Services
- Module 6: Implementing DirectAccess
- Module 7: Implementing Failover Clustering
- Module 8: Implementing Hyper-V
- Module 9: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Module 10: Implementing Dynamic Access Control
- Module 11: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services
- Module 12: Implementing Active Directory Federation Services
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Two or more years of experience deploying and managing Windows Server 2008
- Experience with Windows networking technologies and implementation
- Experience with Active Directory technologies and implementation
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 server virtualization technologies and implementation
Students attending this course are expected to have passed the following exams, or have equivalent knowledge:
- Exam 70-640: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
- Exam 70-642: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
- Exam 70-646: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 - 410
- Administering Windows Server 2012 - 411
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services - 412
About Khawarizmi Training Solutions
Established in 1985, the Continuing Education Center (CEC) at Al Khawarizmi International College (KIC), now known as Khawarizmi Training Solutions (KTS) is a leading provider of training and professional development programs for individuals and corporate groups in the U.A.E. Continuing Education Center (CEC) at KIC offers a wide range of courses in the fields of IT, Business, and English. It is licensed by the Abu Dhabi Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (ACTVET). Through challenging training courses, KTS Center contributes to the advancement and transformation of the UAE into a more skilled, diverse, and knowledge-based community. In turn, this raises the standards and the quality of life of our students and improves our community. Both individuals and industry professionals benefit from the high standards and good reputation of the KTS.See all Khawarizmi Training Solutions courses
- MCSA Windows Server 2016 (70-740) Queen Mary Academy
AED 955Duration: Upto 7 Hours
- Administering Windows Server 2012 Global Edulink
AED 2,596Duration: Upto 20 Hours