Course detailsSetting the foundations for the rest of the course, you will first learn what transpersonal psychology really is and how it operates, as you are guided through its five key themes: states of consciousness, highest/ultimate potential, beyond the ego/personal self, transcendence, spirituality. You will also discover the discipline's five guiding principles, as outlined by the International Transpersonal Association: irreducibility of consciousness, integrity in the spiritual path, challenge of transformation, global synergy, forward through exploration.
Your understanding of transpersonal psychology is strengthened, as you are guided through its history. You will explore contributions from important figures such as William James, Carl Jung, Abraham Maslow, Grof, Sutich, Ken Wilber and Michael Washburn, and see how the discipline developed throughout the 1970s, 80s and 90s.
With the foundations of knowledge set in place, You will move on to discover in-depth theories on the stages of development and transformation of the human psyche, as you are guided through the work of Robert Kegan, Susanne Cook-Greuter, and Bill Torbert.
As they include disciplines that use both psychology and spirituality to explain reality and consciousness, psychospiritual traditions and theories are explored in detail. You will learn about the importance of psychospiritual traditions in transpersonal psychology, what esoteric schools are, and how modern science is proving the link between psyche and spirit. You will also look at psychospiritual theories, focusing on the work of Wilber-Combs Matrix and two of Carl Jung's ideas: active imagination and shadow work.
Studying this course, You will also learn about other disciplines that are related but separate from transpersonal psychology. Broadening your awareness of similar disciplines, You will gain a brief overview of humanistic, holistic, and positive psychologies.
In addition to the learning the theories, You will also look at how transpersonal psychology is applied in therapy. The course takes you through the role of a transpersonal therapist, the techniques and approaches used, personal qualities needed, qualifications required and the professional organisations that you can become a member of. Giving you a clearer idea of how the discipline is used in therapy, the course concludes with 3 case studies.
- Module 1 - Introduction to Transpersonal Psychology
- Module 2 - History of Transpersonal Psychology
- Module 3 - History of Transpersonal Psychology Part 2
- Module 4 - The Guiding Principles of Transpersonal Psychology
- Module 5 - Stages of Development and Transformation
- Module 6 - Psychospiritual Traditions
- Module 7 - Psychospiritual Theories
- Module 8 - Related Viewpoints
- Module 9 - Transpersonal Psychology in Practice
- Module 10 - Case Studies
Job roles this course is suitable for:Pschology
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs