Improving your t-shirt design skills is one of the most rewarding investments that you can make in your design career.
In this workshop we will go over the entire process of creating a t-shirt design, from finding ideas all the way to sending your designs out to be printed.
We will send out the design to 3 different printers. At the end, those shirts will be unboxed so you can see exactly how they came back from the printer (there will be a few unexpected surprises you can learn from!)
In this course we'll cover:
- How to find and apply inspiration
- The various computer tools and traditional tools you will need to create t-shirt designs.
- How to move seamlessly between Photoshop, Illustrator, and pencil & paper so your designs come out as good or better than you had initially imagined
- Type layout using Adobe Typekit fonts
- How to create your own custom Photoshop brushes to quickly add color and texture to your designs
- How to incorporate hand-drawn effects into a computer-based design
- How to make sure your graphic is screen printed with the exact ink colors, sizing, and placement that you want
- Printing with sublimation and DTG (direct-to-garment) methods
- Avoiding common mistakes so your t-shirts come back printed exactly as designed
As a bonus you will also receive:
- The Photoshop watercolor brushes made in the workshop
- All 3 colorways of the finished "South Shore" design created (Photoshop format)
- 2 bonus lectures showing methods to create "index" and "halftone" screen printing color separations in Photoshop and Illustrator without the need for any extra software
- Downloadable files for the two color separation methods demonstrated in the workshop