Strategic Thinking is an approach that influences the ways in which people assess, create, evaluate and implement strategies to enable an organisation's aims and objectives. It has been proven time and again that strategic thinkers in organisations are amongst the most highly effective leaders. However, in most organisations, strategic thinking or strategy planning is an isolated process which takes places once or twice a year.
PwC's Strategic Thinking 'Briefcase' is designed to develop a strategic mindset and incorporate routine strategic thinking into your decision making. The course also includes Scenario Thinking as an approach for dealing with economic uncertainty and highlights the importance of creating a number of plausible strategies to unfold within uncertain futures.
In times like today, this mindset with enable you to position yourself as an invaluable asset for your organisation.
- Attending this workshop will be a valuable opportunity to capitalize on the trainer's well rounded experience and in-depth knowledge. By the end of the course you:
- Understand the strategic thinking process and framework
- Learn and apple tools and techniques within this framework
- Analyse Strategic Position
- Create and evaluate Strategic Options
- Plan for strategy implementation, monitoring and control
- Apply Scenario Thinking to help you deal with economic uncertainty
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for aspiring and existing managers, senior leaders, and small and medium-sized business owners. Anyone involved in organisational development and in defining company strategy would also benefit from this course.
- Models for analysing the external environment
- Models for analysing the internal environment
- Mission, values and objectives
- Strategy Creation and Strategy Evaluation
- Strategy Implementation, Monitor and Control
- Scenario Thinking
About PwC's Academy
PwC Academy is the educational business of the global organisation PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). Our goal is to give people greater knowledge, competence and expertise in finance and business. Our foundation is our team of expert professionals, who convey their wealth of knowledge and the practical experience they have gained within leading organisations around the world.
We offer a variety of training courses covering professional qualifications, financial competencies, and management skills. The courses are based on both the individual experiences of our experts and the best practices of PwC Global. We constantly adapt our courses to meet the needs of modern business and tailor them to our client’s requirements. PwC’s Academies in the Middle East are part of PwC’s growing network of Academies which are present in over 30 countries worldwide. Through the network of PwC’s Academies we continually exchange best practices and successful methodologies to ensure that we are consistently providing industry leading training programmes.See all PwC's Academy courses