- Duration: Flexible
Do you only use the terminal when copying and pasting commands from the internet but really want to understand what you are doing?
Do you look at the terminal window and feel lost or confused; not sure what to type to do anything?
The Mac OS X terminal is a very under used but powerful tool on the Mac but can seem confusing. Commands can seem like cryptic code but the reality is its a very powerful tool and can be used with ease.
The Term will also give you greater control over your computer and can make you a better programmer when you understand how everything fits together.
i've been using Unix terminals (Mac OS X terminal originated from Unix) for over 20 years now and in that time I have found they are very powerful. You can use to simply create files or you can use them for complex script programs.
In this course you'll learn essential tools in term to get stuff done and to get a more comfortable feeling while using term. You will learn:
- How to start and customise the terminal
- How to navigate around your hard drive
- How to create, copy and delete files and directories
- How to edit and view files
- How to link commands together to form more complex command
- How to Search your hard drive for files and use this output to further the command
- Productivity Tips & Tricks
- And how to use term to further you learning in term...
If your looking to become a Mac developer or want to become a Mac power user then you owe it to yourself to learn and understand the terminalUpdated on 14 November, 2018