Software systems are increasingly ubiquitous in all aspects of our lives. Failures in these systems can be costly in terms of money, time, and business reputation. Some software failures can even result in personal injury or death. Effective software testing is integral to mitigating harm caused by software failures and providing confidence in software systems. This course covers management of software testing. This course is one of a series intended to align with the Certified Tester Foundations Level Syllabus (the "Syllabus"). The authors, Thomas Muller (chair), Dorothy Graham, Debra Friedenberg and Erik van Veendendal, and the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB®) are the source and copyright owners of the Syllabus. The course is intended to help learners prepare for the Foundation Certificate in Software Testing exam (BH0-010) which is provided by the Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB), a globally-recognized testing body providing software testing certification. SkillSoft makes no claim to any approval or endorsement of this course by any of the aforementioned parties or other third party.
- recognize a test team's level of independence in an organization
- recognize the tasks of a test leader
- recognize the tasks that are carried out by a tester
- evaluate the effectiveness of a test team
- distinguish the different detail plans that are created from the master test plan, based on scenarios
- recognize the factors that influence the levels of a test plan
- recognize different test strategies in a given scenario
- identify key factors that influence test effort
- recognize entry and exit criteria
- interpret test metrics
- evaluate test summary reports and select test control actions
- prepare a test plan
- analyze a test case summary
About New Horizons LebanonAs changes in technology have accelerated, it’s become even more essential for people to master technology to be productive, invaluable employees who optimize, program and invent solutions—and even grow companies of their own. With over 300 centers in 60 countries, New Horizons is the world’s largest independent IT and Business training company. Over the past 35 years, New Horizons has delivered a full range of IT and business skills/Management training through innovative learning methods that have transformed businesses and helped over 35 million students reach their goals. New Horizons Lebanon branch was established in 1996.
See all New Horizons Lebanon courses