Public speaking in the workplace is a common requirement for managers and leadership. However, employees can also find themselves asked to:
- Present at meetings
- Facilitate groups or training
- Deliver sales pitches
Presenting is a great opportunity for employees to demonstrate their expertise and value, making developing your presentation skills a key to your career.
Whether your goal is to inform, persuade, entertain, or train, there are core communication strategies and presentation techniques that will ensure you give a professional presentation that engages your audience and achieves your desired outcomes.
Poor presentation skills or avoidance of public speaking results in leaders who fail to inspire their teams, sales people with low sales numbers, and individuals whose careers are stagnant. The good news is that public speaking skills can be learned.
In this course, you'll learn how to prepare for your presentation so that you know exactly what to expect. You'll learn how to:
- Prevent and handle nervousness both before and during the event.
- Gear your presentation toward your audience, whether it's 5 or 500
- Use notes, cues and memory techniques so you'll feel confident that you wont' forget what to say.
You'll also develop your presentation skills. You'll learn how to:
- Light up the room when you enter, command the attention of your audience, and own the room.
- Enhance your presentation with body language, non-verbal communication, and voice tonality and projection.
- Present data and complex information clearly and use visual aids properly, such as PowerPoint, flip charts, videos, and more.
- Design and structure the content for your presentation, using proven blueprints that ensure you achieve your desired outcomes.
- Run meetings and group discussions like a pro, including fielding questions and handling difficult participants.
So who are we?
We are Joeel & Natalie Rivera. We own a digital media publishing company called Transformation Services, Inc. We provide training programs and curriculum development for entrepreneurs and small businesses. We also run a magazine and live events and conferences. We've worked with 40,000 students, coaches and businesses from 170 countries. All of our programs are created based on over a decade of experience in education, business development and coaching, as well as my background in psychology, including my Master's in Counseling and Education and my research on happiness for my dissertation for my PH.D. in Psychology.Updated on 18 February, 2018