- Locations: Dubai
- Duration: 5 days
- Timings 9am to 6pm
This course explores key facets that govern the public procurement process and focuses on contracts entered into by public authorities and governments for the purposes of procurement of goods and works. The course covers topics such as best practices for procedures used during the procurement process, implementing the public procurement process, and selecting applicable methods for resolution of disputes in public procurement contracts. Through use of knowledge management and theory and practice we will ensure understanding of how to interpret a public procurement contract and be able to assist in its execution while summarizing the steps involved for successful completion of procurement.
Our goal is to enable managers, administrators, and staff to leverage purchasing and contracting to improve support for business units and achieve Relief and Development Projects goals. We will do this by bringing forth various issues that impact the procurement and contract management process that will aid participants in gaining knowledge, insights, skills, and abilities that will enable them to add strategic value by managing cost, creating efficiencies, and driving innovation. The objective of this course is to enable government professionals to understand the essential need and basic concepts of procurement policies, procedures and practices and to avoid potential pitfalls when planning, implementing and managing public procurement strategies.
- Get trained on the advanced standards, techniques and skills required to be a successful procurement professional.
- High quality training delivered by an international trainer with 35 years of experience.
- Learn along with participants from different countries.
Who is this course for ?
What will I learn?
- The Fundamentals of Procurement – Projects and Legal Framework
- The Procurement Cycle
- Methods and General Terms and Conditions of Procurement
- Contract Execution and Post-Execution in Procurement
- Dispute Resolution Mechanisms
- Preventing and Fighting Corruption
How will I be assessed?
Written test based on the learnings.
Junior/ Middle /Senior procurement professionals
About Accord Worldwide
Accord Worldwide is an international development and training firm. We provide services with a passion to bring about change in the grass root level. We come from various cultural and geographical backgrounds to make a diverse team connected by a shared vision and mission.
At Accord Worldwide, our core value is to reach out and bring forth an understanding with development and empowerment of the individual within the community level, within corporate teams, government entities, and public/private establishments. We believe that in developing the individual with the right skills, he/she is able to empower and differentiate and change the environment around, hence being an asset and core part of development of his niche community and the nation at a large. We believe in the importance of equipping the individuals with skills and knowledge that bridge the distance between infrastructure and information, shaping them into dynamic professionals in an increasingly competitive world, who in-turn make a positive impact on the environment (professional, personal or social) they associate with. We connect organizations and teams to be part of community development activities that contribute to the nation’s growth and development.
With our training and BDS services, we offer an assessment based training, wherein we analyze the needs of the individual or organization before proposing a training package that is tailor made to the need that has been identified.
- We believe in investing in the human capacity, to meet the training requirements of the corporate, organizations and communities by providing practical solutions in every phase of the organizational need that is identified during the training need analysis.
- Our consultative approach to our clients’ business enables us to partner with them as a legitimate thinking partner, enabling us to create solutions that are centric to answering their business needs.
- We are equipped with a team of highly skilled and experienced trainers who are internationally certified.
- Our methodology and approach of training is beyond the normal class room training, wherein we engage the participant in active learning process, through vigorous participation and engagement. Each of our modules are incorporated with real world challenges, tools and processes that involve active ‘learning by doing’ methodology to support behavior change through highly interactive training.
- The trainer is engaged along with the trainees in active participation to achieve the learning objectives together.
- We look into training as a performance quality improvement process that can be measured and analyzed, post training, to understanding the effectiveness of the training programs for the individual or corporate.
Accord Worldwide is registered in Afghanistan and Accord Management Consultants in Dubai, UAE. The firms are independent and cooperate under a cooperation agreement working for the same vision and mission.See all Accord Worldwide courses
Purchasing and procurement Related Questions
I am currently a Purchasing Supervisor. Can I take the "Certified professional purchasing manager...
Unanswered //Feb 28, 2018 CPPM, Purchasing and procurement