- Fees / Price QAR 545
- Duration 1 Day
- Locations Knowledge Village
The Promoting Positive Management Behaviour course will help you understand what manager behaviours are important for the prevention and reduction of stress in those being managed, which of these behaviours are already part of your management approach and which you will need to develop. The course has been developed using a rigorous research programme supported by CIPD, the Health and Safety Executive and Investors in People.
Run as it features here, or run in-house where the content can be tailored to suit your organisational needs; cost effective if a number of people require training.
Who is it for
The course is recommended for managers at all levels in the organisation who are interested in the wellbeing of their team.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
identify the degree to which your current management approach incorporates the manager behaviours that are important for preventing and reducing stress in staff
adapt your management approach if necessary to improve your skills relating to:
- managing emotions and having integrity
- managing and communicating existing and future work
- managing the individual in the team
- reasoning/managing difficult situations
create an action plan for developing your management approach.
- Why prevent stress and why managers are important for the prevention of stress
- Evidence base on what manager behaviours are key for preventing and reducing stress in staff
- How others perceive your management approach
- Why manager behaviours are part of your current management approach and which are not
- Managing and communicating existing and future work
- Reasoning/Managing difficult situations
- Respectful and responsible: managing emotions and having integrity
- Managing the individual in the team
- Key strengths, development needs, seeking support to ensure that your development is effective.
The CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development, is the voice of a worldwide community of 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in HR and L&D for more than 100 years and we already have more than 2,000 members operating in the Middle East.
CIPD have designed and delivered training programmes in over 50 countries worldwide and provide development programmes for over 15,000 learners a year.See all CIPD courses