Course detailsModule 1: Core generic knowledge & skills
- Determinants of health
- Lifestyle factors in health
- Identification of risk factors
- Nutrition and health
- Breaking bad news.
- Examination of key organ systems (cardiovascular, respiratory, neurological, dermatological, gastrointestinal, urogenital); Ageing (demography, cultural aspects, normal and prescribing); Emergencies; dangerous diagnoses; ABCD symptoms; Urgent mental health disorders; Health checks; Nutrition & diet in the elderly; Activity & exercise; Arrhythmias; Relationships/sexual activity; Tremors/Parkinsons disease; Diabetes; Coronary artert disease; Heart failure; Stroke management; Respiratory diseases; Chronic kidney failure; Falls; End of life/palliative care; Acute confusion/delirium; Dementia; Diarrhoea/constipation; Continence; Hearing loss/aids; Vertigo & tinnitus; Thyroid disease; Menopause & HRT; Osteoporosis; Gout/pseudogout; BPH/Lower Urinary Tract symptoms; UTIs; Depression/anxiety; Vulval disease; Eye disorders; Cardiac pacing; Anaemia; Obstructive Sleep Apnoea; Insomnia/poor sleep; Leg ulcers; Pressure sores; GIT disorders in the elderly.
Clinical skills related to the following:
- ECG: perform and interpret
- CVS examination, Cardiac murmurs, Jugular venous pulse
- Blood pressure measurement, Cardioversion, Heart failure
- Basic respiratory tests, Peak flow, nebuliser use
- Positional testing & Epley
- Passing a urinary catheter
- Pressure sores, Lower Limb ulcers
- Musculoskeletal GALS assessment
- DEXA interpretation
- Assessing a confused patient
- GDS (Geriatric Depression Scale)
Eligibility / Requirements
- Be in possession of an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or
- an equivalent medical degree from a World Health Organization recognised institution.
About Rila Institute of Health SciencesRila headquartered in London, UK, ranks among the largest and fastest growing providers of a range of products and services in healthcare, publishing, media and the hospitality sectors in the UK/Europe with international hubs in UAEand India.
We currently offer Postgraduate Diploma Programmes in the following specialties:
Acute Medicine, Cardiology, Dermatology, Diabetes, ENT, Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Minor Surgery, Musculoskeletal Medicine, Ophthalmology and Urology.
This is a work based qualification which enables you, through the Rila blended learning delivery, to continue in your usual employment activities.
Final Postgraduate Diploma award will be from the University of Plymouth School of Medicine and Dentistry, United Kingdom, which is 120 Level 7 Masters credits and is a formal internationally recognised qualification. See all Rila Institute of Health Sciences courses
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Awareness The Teachers Training
GBP 271Duration: Upto 3 Hours
- Skin Anatomy, Nutrition, Care and Infection Institute of Beauty & Makeup
GBP 197Duration: Upto 3 Hours