- Locations: Kuwait
- Duration: 1 year
The PGCEi course supports candidates in developing specific teaching and learning skills which enable both new trainees and experienced teachers to extend their skills as effective educators.
The general aim of the PGCEi is to improve practice by building new ideas and strategies which are tested out in teachers’ own classrooms. More specifically, the programme aims to improve teaching by:
- promoting a deeper understanding of a range of teaching strategies
- developing expertise in practitioner research
- making appropriate use of professional and research literature
The course consists of four compulsory 15-credit modules. Each module will be assessed by a 3000 word assignment or portfolio equivalent.
The PGCEi is ideal for full-time and part-time teachers/trainers who have access to a classroom.
Associated career paths and benefits
- The PGCEi enables you to continue your professional development by using the qualification to work towards a Master’s degree in education.
- Professional enrichment for teachers working in countries other than the UK.
- Provide a thorough grounding in theoretical and practical approaches via access to current research and debates in the field.
- Enhance your ability to critically analyse and engage reflectively with current research and debates.
- Enable you to engage in informed debate about topical issues in the field.
- Support professional work experience with an academic qualification which demonstrates skills and abilities.
Unique features of the course
- Flexible Payment Plans to help you spread the cost of paying for the course.
- 24/7 Academic Support via communication with university faculty in the UK
- Fees inclusive of study material – course textbooks and online study resources
- Local admin and academic support.
The standard entry requirements are as follows:
- Must be currently teaching and have access to a classroom and be committed to developing their teaching and learning skills in the field of education;
- Be graduates of an approved university or other institution of higher education;
- Hold at least a second class honours degree; or be holders of an approved professional qualification deemed equivalent to an honours degree;
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language, nor the medium of instruction of their first degree in approved contexts, must have achieved a British Council IELTS average final score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in any element no more than two years prior to admission;
- Applicants with lesser qualifications may be considered for ‘exceptional entry’. If you do not meet these requirements you may enquire about non-standard entry
About University of Nottingham
The University of Nottingham is one of the world’s best universities, distinguished for its commitment to conventional as well as online learning and internationally renowned, world-class research. The University of Nottingham was confirmed as a world-class University in the 2008 global league tables and has 320 partners worldwide. It is ranked in the UK top 10, the European top 30 and in the top 1% of all universities worldwide. When it comes to management training courses such as MBA, the university has earned a name for itself.See all University of Nottingham courses