- Duration: Upto 150 Hours
Course detailsThe Philosophy Diploma Course starts off with an introduction to the subject, answering the question, "What is Philosophy?". You will explore its evolution over time, taking in ancient, medieval, modern and contemporary philosophy, and how philosophy has been professionalised. The various types and branches of philosophy are discussed as you learn about metaphysics, epistemology, ethics, aesthetics, political philosophy, and philosophy of religion.
A portion of the Philosophy Diploma Course is dedicated to ancient philosophy, in order to provide you with some perspective on what we know today. You will look at commonly and lesser-studied philosophies, as you learn about Ancient Egyptian, Greek, African, Middle Eastern, Jewish, Persian, Chinese, Buddhist and Indian philosophy.
With ancient philosophy understood, the course then takes you through modern philosophy. You will look at schools of thought common in contemporary Western philosophy, including rationalism, empiricism, idealism, existentialism, phenomenology, pragmatism, and analytic philosophy. You will also go further, as you discover international contemporary philosophies, including Afrocentricity, Consciencism, New Confucianism, Neo Vedanta, and Buddhist Modernism.
The Philosophy Diploma Course explains how knowledge of philosophical principles can be applied to real-life situations. You will be guided in how Confucius, Machiavelli, and Martin Luther King Jr put philosophy into lived action. The course concludes by considering the demographic imbalance of philosophy in the West - focussing on race, nationality and gender issues within the academic discipline.
- Module 1 - Introduction to Philosophy
- Module 2 - Idealism
- Module 3 - Materialism
- Module 4 - Stoicism
- Module 5 - Rationalism
- Module 6 - Empiricism
- Module 7 - Scepticism
- Module 8 - Existentialism
- Module 9 - Modern Philosophy
- Module 9 - Applied Philosophy
Job roles this course is suitable for:philosophy
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs