This Pharmacy Assistant course will introduce you to multiple aspects of the pharmacy sector.The ten modules will stimulate your interest in the field of pharmacy. Every aspiring pharmacy assistant can develop his or her personal niche and will have early opportunities to improve their efficacy and competence in the field.Pharmacy is a unique and enterprising field and you can look forward to enjoying a meaningful and exciting career.
The role of a pharmacist is a crucial one and it contributes to the healthcare system in several valuable ways. As an assistant pharmacist, you will enjoy opportunities to interact with patients and dispense medications in line with prescriptions issued by a certified health professional. You will also be in charge of managing stocks, advising patients on dosage regimes, benefits and side-effects of medication and so on.This course is designed to give you a solid foundation on which you can begin your career as a pharmacy assistant. It will explain work environments, salaries and career advancement, and learning about these topics will help you make an informed career decision.
What you will learn
The course covers these key areas in details, plus much more:
- An introduction to the field of pharmacy and how it plays a pivotal role in the UK's healthcare system.
- As an assistant, you will be working together with a pharmacy team. You will learn all about the different members of the team.
- How to develop your customer service skills.
- Checking and management of stocks in a pharmacy: Pharmacy assistants are often in charge of tracking and managing stocks in a pharmacy.
- The role of a pharmacy assistant: You will be expected to execute multiple tasks and responsibilities, including management of prescriptions, dispensation of medication, interacting with customers and ordering supplies.
- Regulations, health and safety in a pharmacy: There are certain standards of health and safety that are governed by regulations which you will need to follow.
- Prescriptions: You will learn how to read and interpret prescriptions and how to avoid mistakes. The course also covers risk assessment and error prevention.
- You will learn how to report problems and issues to the pharmacist.
Benefits of the Pharmacy Assistant Diploma
Any student who enrols on this course will find the following features beneficial:
- The ability to study from any location as long as you have an internet connection.
- The ability to work at a pace that is comfortable for the individual student. The course doesn't impose time limits, so the student can take days, weeks or months to successfully complete the course.
- The option to study from any internet connected device, including a laptop, PC or mobile phone.
- Course modules that are easy to manage, making the entire process enjoyable.
- Continued support to help enhance your training.
- Ability to access a full syllabus to help you stay on track.
- Enhance your job application by adding the skill to your resume.
- Pass the test and receive a certified diploma.
- Affordable tuition costs.
About New Skills Academy
In November of 2013, a single question was asked: ‘What do you want to learn?’ From there, a vision was born of comprehensive, high quality, and affordable online course availability. The name behind that vision was New Skills Academy.
When it comes to online schools, there are plenty, but at New Skills Academy we distinguish ourselves amongst the competition with our dedication to your long-term goals. If you are entering a job market for the first time, or seeking a new career, we will provide you with the fast and efficient online support you need to make your dreams a reality.
Our expertly designed courses, detailed lesson plans and student testimonials all attest to the fact that we take great pride in our course offerings and provide only the best for our students. Often, people dream of pursuing a degree or certification but never find the time to follow through. We know life gets busy, which is why our customers can take our courses online from anywhere while still working. Students can access our courses from a PC, mobile phone or tablet; this means you can learn anywhere you go.
Our students’ reputation matters, which is why all of our online courses have been reviewed and certified in partnership with qualified industry experts. For added security and peace of mind, all of our courses have been approved by CPD.