- Price TBA
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations SMG Airport Road, Allied Bldg. 3rd Floor Beirut, Lebanon
This session provides a general overview of the relationship between patient safety and accreditation. Participants will gain insight into the Required Organizational Practices (ROPs) and learn about the tools needed to enhance patient safety within their organizations. The workshop examines the strategic approach to patient safety and risk management, including defining key terms and concepts, and reviewing research on adverse events. In exploring how Accreditation Canada International defines adverse events, sentinel events and near misses, participants will learn skills and utilize tools that will assist in the prevention, identification, and analysis of critical incidences in organizations. This workshop introduces new Required Organizational Practices released in April 2013.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain key patient safety concepts and terms
- Define and describe the importance of a safety culture
- Apply the tools needed to foster a culture of safety
- Describe the key human factors and system priorities that contribute to patient safety
- Create action plans to implement the new Required Organizational Practices
- Apply the tools needed to assess and reduce risks to patient safety, and to investigate adverse events, sentinel events and near misses
- Explain the relationship between patient safety and accreditation
- Demonstrate how to use an Incident Analysis Framework
- Describe and develop a prospective analysis
Why Choose this Workshop?
- To gain knowledge about the new Required Organizational Practices
- To learn how to use tools and strategies for increasing patient safety in your organization
- To better understand the relationship between patient safety and risk management
Who Should Attend this Workshop?
- Hospital directors
- Quality, risk management, and other accreditation coordinators
- Leaders, managers, and others who are closely involved with patient safety within their organizations
- Accreditation Canada and Patient Safety
- Patient Safety in your Organization
- Safety Culture
- Accreditation Canada Standards and Patient Safety
- Required Organizational Practices
- Critical Incident Analysis
- Prospective Analysis
- Connecting the dots
Sustainable Management Group is a Leading Management Solutions Institute, offering training ctheirses in modern management and effective business and management solutions to corporate and inpidual clients in the countries of Middle East and Africa.
Smg provides knowledge that goes beyond classic learning. At Smg they are dedicated to help organizations achieve business improvement objectives by empotheyring personnel with competencies needed to establish, maintain and improve the management systems. their training and management solutions range from Modern Management Systems, to Heath Care Services, to Anti Money-Laundering, to Green Buildings Services, to Safety Management Systems Software.See all Sustainable Management Group courses