- Duration / Course length: 40 Hours Start now
- Accredited by: IAO
- Course delivery: This course is delivered in video format
This course is a part of Diploma in Sea Cargo.
Course Code: LS05
About the Course: Shipping is the life blood of the global economy. Without shipping, inter-continental trade, the bulk transport of raw materials, and the import/export of affordable food and manufactured goods would simply not be possible. Sea transport has been the largest carrier of freight throughout recorded history and it is always cheaper than transport by air. About 90% of world trade is carried by the international shipping industry. Sea freight is the most economic form of transportation by which goods are moved between countries in the export process. This course aims at introducing all the components of industry such as types of cargoes, types of ships, global regulations, terminology, ports, etc. and their functioning. The course will provide an overview of the industry to be beginner / aspirant to this industry. The employment potential of this industry is very vast and for aspirant of any of the part of this industry, this course will certainly be of help.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the important of cargo transportation by Sea
- Know different types & categories of Cargo to be shipped
- Gain knowledge of various types of ships involved in transportation
- Understand containerization and its benefits
- Know International Shipping Organizations
- Understand various components of the Sea Cargo Industry
- Gain knowledge of Liner Shipping
- Understand Sea Freight Tariff and its components
- Know about Shipping Lanes, Ports & Facilities
- Understand International Maritime Law & International Regulations
- Gain knowledge of Maritime Safety & Environmental concerns
- Understand Career in Sea Cargo Industry
Eligibility / Requirements
Any Higher Secondary School Certificate with some experience of working in the industry.
About Sqilah Advanced LearningSqilah Advanced Learnings Pvt. Ltd.
* Aviation * Logistics * Hospitality * Healthcare * Travel & Tourism *
Sqilah, (Skills quotient in logistics, aviation and hospitality/healthcare), is a skill and knowledge building platform which helps enhance careers of thousands of professionals and aspirants in these domains. Sqilah is a brainchild of Mr Rajan Dani who created online portal with over 100 courses in Aviation, Travel, Tourism & Hosipitality in the past. He has revised and updated all the courses, added new domains and launched Sqilah Advanced Learnings Pvt Ltd along with professionals from the industry, bringing in an abundance of their experience in the varied domains. He has worked as a member of Syllabus Committee for Travel & Tourism in Pune University, worked on various Committees of Travel Agents Association of India and currently working as Honorary Domain Expert in Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). The mission of the company is to bring the latest knowledge of the industry to the fingertips of our students, at an affordable price, thereby enhancing the careers of those who aspire to be the best in their professions. Sqilah aims to empower the aspirants. sqilah is a platform offers e-learning courses (self learning) that can be imbibed by the aspirant at a schedule of their choice. See all Sqilah Advanced Learning courses