Course detailsThe travel and tourism industry is one of the fastest-growing industries, with new jobs being created every day. In the Travel & Tourism course, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the nature of the travel and tourism industry and the different roles in this field.
Whether you want to work in tourism marketing or hospitality and entertainment, this course will provide you with an in-depth understanding of job opportunities in this field, as well as the fundamental skills to fast track your career. Through case studies and practical exercises, our experienced tutor will teach you about the history of tourism, the growing importance of sustainability in tourism, top travel destinations, and much ;
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the different types of travel tourism and tour operators
- Understand how to travel and tourism industry has developed in recent years
- Explore the role of travel and tourism organisations and their interrelationships
- Learn the differences in the tourism industry between the private and public sector
- Broaden your understanding of the differences between inbound, outbound and domestic tourism
- Gain in-depth knowledge of your career opportunities and career paths in this sector
- Develop essential customer service, presentation and hospitality skills
- Understand the importance of sustainability in tourism and explore sustainable developments and trends in this sector
- Learn how to utilise social media for marketing tourist attractions and destinations
This endorsed diploma in Travel and Tourism is ideal for those who are interested in a career in this sector and want to develop their skills and practical knowledge. Our online courses are specially designed for distance learning, offering flexible virtual classroom modules that you can study at your own ; There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
This Travel and Tourism course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes.
This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
On successful completion of the Travel and Tourism course, learners will be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the tourism industry, travel marketing and the role of travel organisations, equipped with the industry knowledge to fast track their career. Related professions in this field include:
- Travel Sales Consultant
- Tour Guide/Operator
- Travel Agent
- Travel writer/Journalist
- Module 01: An Introduction to Travel & Tourism
- Assessment Module 01
- Module 02: The Business of Travel and Tourism
- Assessment Module 02
- Module 03: Marketing to the Traveling Public
- Assessment Module 03
- Module 04: Characteristics of Travel and Tourism Organisations
- Assessment Module 04
- Module 05: Career Development within the Industry
- Assessment Module 05
- Module 06: Sustainable Tourism
- Assessment Module 06
- Module 07: Sociocultural Impacts of Travel and Tourism
- Assessment Module 07
- Module 08: Environmental Impacts of Tourism
- Assessment Module 08
- Module 09: Social Media and Tourism Marketing
- Assessment Module 09
- Module 10: Tourism and UK
- Assessment Module 10
Eligibility / Requirements
- The Travel and Tourism course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- A good understanding of the English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
About Course Gate
Being a top supplier of online courses will always be at the heart of our operation. But, this is not all we’re about. Rather, we see ourselves taking one step further in our devotion to satisfying our learners’ needs. That involves ensuring that learners can study from anywhere in the world, at their convenience, proving more flexible than traditional learning establishments. Life takes over sometimes and it can be hard to find time for personal and professional development. With our services, time won’t be a barrier to your learning, as you can study our courses using any device that connects to the internet.