Course detailsCourse Overview
Caring for individuals suffering from a life-threatening illness or people in the last days of their life requires a compassionate and pro-active approach. While the role of supportive care as a Palliative Care and End of Life Care professional has some occupational distinction, both play an important part to prevent, reduce and relieve the sufferings in the last days of a person’s journey and provide a comforting transition process.
If you are seeking a career in the health care sector as a Palliative and End of Life Care provider, this course is the perfect platform for you to get started. The financial rewards are a bonus on top of the satisfaction and enlightenment in providing a noble humanitarian ;
This Palliative and End of Life Care Course is designed by expert supportive care professionals with years of experience to educate you on the fundamentals of this occupation. From the identification scenarios to the bereavement stage upon death, this course discusses the best practices towards the patient and their families in a step-by-step guide. In addition to that, the course also provides the legal requirement and your duty in different stages in a comprehensive manner.
By the end of this course, you will understand all the requirements and responsibilities of Palliative and End of Life Care vocations and how to live up to the expectations in practical ;
Key Topics to Be Covered
- The fundamentals of the Palliative and End of Life Care
- The key components of NISAT Core Holistic Assessment
- Importance of effective communication between the Home and the General Practitioner (GP)
- The role of the multidisciplinary team and specialist palliative care services
- The signs and symptoms of individuals approaching death
- The six standards to assist Health and Social Care Services in the bereavement stage.
- Legal obligations and procedures practised in the UK.
- The roles and responsibilities of a professional supportive care provider
- How to identify the stages of illness
- Comprehensive guidelines to the best practices in a different end of life situations
- Best practices while transferring to the home and discharging from hospital
- Importance of Bereavement Care and how to approach them
- The responsibilities at the end of life and care after death
- Understand the legal and ethical issues involved in advance care planning
Upon completion, you will have a better understanding of the roles and responsibilities expected of you. You will be equipped with a comprehensive guide to help to gain the skills required to be a successful Palliative and End of Life Care ;
The necessary skills and knowledge you will acquire will stand you in good stead to build your career as a Palliative and End of Life Care provider, nurse, healthcare assistant, therapist, counsellor, personal and home care aides, hospice, dietitian, or specialist healthcare position.
Skills You Will Gain
- Interpersonal skills
- Counselling skills
- Communication skills
- Psychosocial skills
- Physical care skills
- Life closure skills
- Observational skill
- Teamwork skill
- Module 1: Introduction to Palliative & End of Life Care
- Module 2: Identification of the Stage of Illness
- Module 3: Palliative Care Holistic Assessment
- Module 4: Advance Care Planning
- Module 5: Care at the End of Life
- Module 6: Care after Death
- Module 7: Further Support, Training and Development
- Module 8: Legal Issues
- Module 9: Glossary of Terms
- Module 10: Appendices
Eligibility / Requirements
The Palliative and End of Life Care course is open to all students and has no formal entry requirements. To study this course, all you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of English. You must also be over the age of 16.
About Academy for Health & Fitness
Academy for Health and Fitness is a leading online course provider with an extensive library of over 50 courses, covering a wide range of topics from the Health and Fitness sector. We offer awarding body accredited courses at all levels, for lifelong learners of all age groups who are looking to take their next step up the career ladder. One of the main reasons why we have such a loyal base of learners and constantly growing community is our excellent customer service system, supporting our students through each step of their learning journey.