The Medication Management will teach you the recommended methods for ensuring that drugs will not fall into unsecured hands. As a handler of medication, you have a responsibility to guarantee that none of your stock is stolen or reaches those unqualified to use it, and this program reinforces that ideology.
This course teaches you the legislation and guidance of Medication Management that exists in the UK. You’ll be taught how to keep accurate stock records and how to react when that shows a shortfall or missing items. Alongside this, you’ll also learn the best way to responsibly dispose of defunct medicines and to ensure consent administration for customers is correctly filed.
By completing this course, you will have substantiated your ethics as a worker in the medical sector and have that advantage on your CV for applications or promotions.
Who is this Course for?
This Medication Management course is suitable for anyone who wants to gain extensive knowledge, potential experience, and professional skills in the related field.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- A good understanding of the English language, numeracy, and ICT are required to attend this course.
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to obtain the certificates. You can claim a PDF certificate by paying a little processing fee of £2. There is an additional fee to obtain a hardcopy certificate which is £9.
- Introduction to Safe Handling of Medicines
- Legislation and guidance of medication management
- Principles of Safe and Appropriate Handling of Medicines
- Medication Risk Assessment Guidance
- Consent to Treatment
- Handling Medicines in Social Care Settings
- Requirements for Specific Services
- Levels of Care and Support
- Procedure for Handling Medication
- The Six Rights of Medication Administration
- Covert Administration of Medication
- Recording Procedures
- Storage of Medication
- Transfer and Disposal of Medication
- Drug Formulation and Ways of Taking It
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit for an online multiple-choice quiz-based assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course (60% pass mark). The test will be marked immediately and results will be published instantly. Updated on 30 April, 2021
Eligibility / Requirements
This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds. Only basic understanding of English language is all required to attend this course.
About Course Gate
Being a top supplier of online courses will always be at the heart of our operation. But, this is not all we’re about. Rather, we see ourselves taking one step further in our devotion to satisfying our learners’ needs. That involves ensuring that learners can study from anywhere in the world, at their convenience, proving more flexible than traditional learning establishments. Life takes over sometimes and it can be hard to find time for personal and professional development. With our services, time won’t be a barrier to your learning, as you can study our courses using any device that connects to the internet.