- Duration / Course length: Upto 2 Hours Start now
- Course delivery: This course is delivered in video format
Course detailsIf done incorrectly, manual handling may be a difficult activity. Over a third of job injuries are caused by manual handling. These include work-related musculoskeletal diseases (MSDs) such as arm, leg, and joint discomfort, as well as other types of repetitive strain injuries.
This Manual Handling Course supports employers in ensuring that they and their staff are sufficiently trained in the teachings and practices of safe manual handling.
The student will receive an appropriate understanding of manual handling of loads, the musculoskeletal system and musculoskeletal diseases, identify hazards, perform risk assessment related with manual handling, and get insight into risk contributing elements in our Manual Handling Course.
In addition, recognizing professionals who are at risk of harm, understanding the underlying mechanics of human movement, correct lifting methods, and advice on avoiding manual handling dangers are also included.
- Learner will get Free Certificate
- No Extra fees
- Lifetime Course Access
- Developed by Qualified Professionals With Updated Materials
- 24/7 Learning Support and Assistance
- Course completion free PDF certificate
- High-quality E-learning Study Materials
- No Hidden Fees or Exam Charges
- Access the Course Anywhere in the World
- Self Paced Learning and Laptop, Tablet, Smartphone Friendly
---------------------------- Manual Handling ----------------------------
Manual Handling Overview, Legislation and the Fundamentals
- What is Manual handling?
- Where Does it Occur?
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDS)
- The Back
- The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (MHOR)
- Employer's Responsibilities: Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Labelling of Loads
- Responsibilities of the Employer: Training and Instruction
- Responsibilities of employees under MHOR
- Manual Handling Risks Identification
- The following are ten procedures to ensure safe manual handling.
- What is it About Manual Handling that Makes it So Dangerous?
- THE Environment
- THE Individual
- Injuries from Manual Handling
- Non-MSD Injuries
- Occupations Most at Risk
- The Musculoskeletal System
- Fundamental Mechanics of Human Movement
- Risk Assessment of Manual Handling Activities
- Definitions of Terms in An Official Risk Assessment
- Identify the Hazards
- Hazards of the Load Itself
- Dangers in the Working Environment
- Deciding Who Might be Harmed and How
- Assessing Risks and Deciding Precautions
- Controlling the level of Risk
- Getting Ready for a Manual Handling Operation
- Measures to Prevent
- Techniques of Proper Handling
- Pushing and Pulling
- Avoiding Manual Handling
- Methods for Avoiding Manual Handling
- Reducing Risks
- PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Mechanical Aids
- Manual Handling Techniques That Are Safe
- Lifting Techniques
- Lifting from low levels
- Thinking About the Lift
- Adopting a Stable Position
- Ensuring to Have a Good Lifting Technique
- Lowering a Load from a Height
- Pushing and Pulling a Load
- Team Handling
By the successful completion of the course, the learner will instantly receive an E-Certificate, which is free of cost. In addition, our courses provide you with up-to-date industry knowledge and skills, aiming to make you an expert in the field.
Updated on 06 February, 2023
Eligibility / Requirements
There is no special requirements, anyone can take this course all you need is a smart device (smart phone, tablet, laptop or computer) with internet connection so that you can access the course from anywhere in the world.
Job roles this course is suitable for:Manual Handling Trainer , Manual Handling Specialist , Health and Safety Manager
About Course Line
With Course Line, you have access to the best courses - all with one consistent interface.
Course Line is affordable and flexible. We offer an extensive library of courses with over 300 hours of video lectures, online exams, test areas, as well as traditional handouts. It's never too late to learn something new with Course Line
Our courses are designed with busy professionals in mind - they are self-paced, start at any time of the year, and can be completed in as little as 3 months.
Courses that fit in your life with Course Line. We offer a variety of learning materials including video and audio lectures, online exams, test areas, as well as traditional handouts - you can choose what works best for you.