- Location: Online
- Duration: 5 Hours
- Timings: Flexible
Legionella bacteria when present in water systems can be hugely detrimental to your health, causing Legionnaires disease, flu-like symptoms and pneumonia-type illnesses. This course is open to anyone but will be especially beneficial for duty holders, landlords, or letting agents in charge of premises, who are required to be aware of the dangers of Legionella to ensure that tenants are safe.
This Legionella and Legionnaires Disease Awareness Course is designed to help you familiarise with your legal responsibilities, evaluate risks and understand the basics of legionnaires disease, so you can implement safety control measures effectively.
By the end of the course, you'll have a firm understanding of Legionella contamination and how to reduce the risks of legionella bacteria developing, monitoring water systems efficiently.
- Accredited by CPD
- Complies with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Meets UK/EU standards and legal requirements
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Developed by qualified professionals
- Fully online and interactive course with audio voiceover
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet, smart-phone friendly
- 24/7 Learning Assistance
- Discounts on bulk purchases
This course is suitable for duty holders or anyone liable for administering the premises, regardless of the size of the premises and the number of people present. This comprehensive course is also ideal for employers, self-employed people, landlords, letting agents or anyone in charge of controlling premises.
The Health and Safety Executive's ACOP L8 was drafted especially for duty holders and gives an in-depth guide and standards for complying with the legal duties and terms. This Legionella training course based on ACOP L8, and it will include all of the duties and responsibilities in more detail throughout the modules.
Besides, owners or landlords have a responsibility to be aware of the dangers of Legionella and assure a risk assessment is done to keep their renters from any class of damage or harm. This course provides a detailed overview of carrying out a risk assessment and describes the ways to raise awareness and identify Legionella hazards and respond appropriately in time.
Once you've successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate, with a hard copy arriving in the post within one working day. All of our courses are fully accredited by the CPD, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field. Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
The course is divided into 5 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
- What is Legionella - Introduction, course aims, topics to be covered, what is Legionella, where does legionella come from?, How do people get legionnaires diseases, who is most at risk?, symptoms legionnaires diseases, treatment of legionnaires diseases.
- Legal Responsibilities - Introduction, topics to be covered, health and safety legislation, notifications regulations, RIDDOR, landlord responsibilities, employee responsibilities, designers, manufacturers, importers, suppliers and installers, HSE approved code of practices L8.
- Hazardous Environments - Introduction, topics to be covered, where is legionella found, what is a water system, accessing the risk, cooling system, hot and cold water system, spa pools, other risk systems.
- Legionella Risk Assessment - Introduction, topics to be covered, what is risk assessment, competence, step one - identify hazards, schematic diagram, step two - deciding who may be harmed and how, consulting employees, step three - evaluate the risks and implements controls, step four - recording finding, step five - monitor, review and update the assessment.
- Controlling The Risks - Introduction, topics to be covered, duty holder responsibilities, training instruction and communication, employee responsibilities, the written scheme for controlling risk, key precautions, operations of the water system, monitoring and inspection, monitoring bacteria numbers, testing water quality, cleaning and disinfecting water systems, controlling water system in residential settings, avoiding stagnation residential settings.
By the end of the course learners will be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Understand where legionella bacteria come from, how people can contract diseases from them and the impact it can have on their health and wellbeing
- Discover the legal responsibilities you have if you work with man-made water systems.
- Develop your risk assessment skills to review and evaluate man-made water systems for potential threats.
- Understand the importance of monitoring, reviewing and updating your control measures consistently to ensure you're always on top of the Legionella bacteria.
- Learn how to control the risks of legionella bacteria.
- Gain relevant knowledge of the legislation and regulations surrounding this area.
At the end of the course, there will be an online assessment, which you will need to pass to complete the course. Answers are marked automatically, allowing you to know straight away whether you have passed. If you haven't, there's no limit on the number of times you can take the final exam. All this is included in the one-time fee you paid for the course itself. Updated on 02 July, 2019
Eligibility / Requirements
-This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
-Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
-Good understanding of the English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
About Training Express
The Training Express is a group of experts based in the United Kingdom, delivering high-quality certification and training to businesses and individuals looking to better themselves. We work in various disciplines and industries, with our primary point of concern being to help promote high standards of food hygiene, business well-being and safety in the workplace.
By helping you to bring in professionals who can make the right choice, to improving safety standards, we offer numerous course managed by qualified professionals. We do this by always improving our course quality and quantity, always introducing new opportunities for you to better yourself as a person and as professionals.
Standards are very important to us, which is why we only work with trainers and professionals who we can 100% trust. This allows us to get the job done much easier, always sourcing the right experts and the most qualified trainers in the shortest space of time. This helps us to deliver professionally respected and reputable online learning situations to help increase the standards of professionalism and safety at work.See all Training Express courses
- Certificate in Food Hygiene and Safety Alpha AcademyGBP 10
GBP 209Duration: Upto 6 Hours
- Legionella Training New Skills AcademyUSD 24
USD 299Duration: Upto 2 Hours
- Food Safety & Hygiene Awareness Harley OxfordGBP 59
GBP 207Duration: Upto 15 Hours