Course detailsThe EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the most important update in data privacy regulation in 20 years. Having added more responsibilities to the Data Protection Act 1998, on the 25th May 2018, it is mandatory that all businesses that handle personal data must be aware of the new rules so that they are in compliance with the law.
In this Data Protection Course, you’ll be introduced to the new rules of privacy regulation, the key changes that have been introduced, and data controller and processor obligations. You’ll also be trained on processing sensitive personal data and data protection terminology.
This Data Protection course is for anyone who has the obligation to implement changes brought about by new GDPR legislation and the Data Protection Act, who may work for services that hold personal data. By the end of the Data Protection course, you’ll have an understanding of what is expected of businesses in relation to handling data security, so that you can implement a GDPR compliance strategy for your firm.
- Accredited by CPD
- Complies with EU's General Data Protection Regulation 2018
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Developed by qualified professionals
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet, smartphone-friendly
- 24/7 Learning Assistance
- Discounts on bulk purchases
The Data Protection course is suitable for professionals who are responsible for handling sensitive personal data as part of their day-to-day role, as well as business owners who want to ensure that their organization is compliant. The Data Protection course is open to anyone who wishes to gain up-to-date knowledge of GDPR and its new legislation. There are no entry requirements for this course, which can be studied on a full-time or part-time basis.
By the end of the Data Protection course learners will be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Learn the six fundamental principles of Data Protection
- Have a firm understanding of the organizational structure of GDPR
- Explore the role of the Data Protection Officer and Data Protection Officers
- Develop your knowledge of personal data breach policy
- Gain a solid understanding of the economic impact of Brexit
- Broaden your understanding of consent, contract and legal obligation
- Know how to implement changes brought about by new GDPR legislation
At the end of the Data Protection course, there will be an online assessment, which you will need to pass to complete the Data Protection course. Answers are marked instantly and automatically, allowing you to know straight away whether you have passed. If you haven’t, there’s no limit on the number of times you can take the final exam. All this is included in the one-time fee you paid for the Data Protection course itself.
Module 01: GDPR Basics
Module 02: GDPR Explained
Module 03: Lawful Basis for Preparation
Module 04: Rights and Breaches
Module 05: Responsibilities and Obligations Updated on 14 July, 2021
Eligibility / Requirements
- This Data Protection course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over.
- Just a basic understanding of the English language is required to attend this Data Protection course
About Training ExpressThe Training Express is a group of experts based in the United Kingdom, delivering high-quality certification and training to businesses and individuals looking to better themselves. We work in various disciplines and industries, with our primary point of concern being to help promote high standards of food hygiene, business well-being and safety in the workplace.
By helping you to bring in professionals who can make the right choice, to improving safety standards, we offer numerous course managed by qualified professionals. We do this by always improving our course quality and quantity, always introducing new opportunities for you to better yourself as a person and as professionals.
Standards are very important to us, which is why we only work with trainers and professionals who we can 100% trust. This allows us to get the job done much easier, always sourcing the right experts and the most qualified trainers in the shortest space of time. This helps us to deliver professionally respected and reputable online learning situations to help increase the standards of professionalism and safety at work.