- Duration / Course length: Upto 3 Hours Start now
- Accredited by: CPD Group
- Course delivery: This course is delivered in video format
Course detailsOur specialised Autism Awareness Training for Teaching Assistants course will provide teachers and parents with the functioning knowledge and skills needed to take care of children with autism and learning difficulties. Learners will be able to effectively communicate with children facing such difficulties and motivate them to live a complete and fulfilling ;
The course will also enlighten learners about the cognitive approach for dealing with children with mental; The Autism Awareness Training for Teaching Assistants course starts right from the bottom, step-by-step, moving on to the advanced skills needed to guide children with autism. The course covers topics such as the role of a teacher and parents, and how to develop communication with hearing and visual aids. It will also teach you different methods and techniques to effectively interact with SEN pupils.
Through practical and theoretical training, you will be introduced to a range of methodologies to deal with kids who have Autism, and models that have influenced modern teaching practices, including digital tools, equipment and aids. All of the lessons of this Autism Awareness Training for Teaching Assistants course have been designed in such a way that anyone with no prior knowledge on the subject can easily dive into them. Get qualified in no time and kickstart your career.
This course is endorsed by TQUK, an Ofqual-regulated pioneering awarding organisation in the UK, which enables you to showcase your qualification as a recognised professional achievement. This course is also CPD accredited with 10 CPD points to signify your professional development in the respective field/sector.
What You Will Learn from this Autism Awareness Training for Teaching Assistants
- Get an understanding of developmental disorder and Autism
- Understand the needs of developmentally disordered children and learn to support them
- Learn about Asperger's and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Learn how to use visual aids and deal with meltdowns in autistic children
- Understand the role, skills and responsibilities of an SEN teaching assistant
- Get tips on how to support SEN children
- Understand the needs of developmentally disordered children
- Familiarise with teaching models that have influenced SEN teaching
- Know how to plan lessons and learning activities for children with ASD
- Learn about the digital tools and equipment required for teaching SEN pupils
- The expertise and patience to work with SEN students
- Lesson planning
- Motivational skills
- Knowledge of SEN teaching methodologies
The course will serve really well for aspiring professionals interested in becoming a
- SEN Teacher
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- Child Care Worker
- and all other relevant fields.
This attested qualification may well be the extra edge you need to get employed in the mentioned sectors.
Why Choose Teachers Training
Some of our features are:
- This is a dedicated website for teaching
- 24/7 tutor support
- Interactive Content
- Affordable price
- Courses accredited by the UK's top awarding bodies
- 100% online
- Flexible deadline
- Anyone who is interested to learn about autism
- Parents who are taking care of children with development disorders
- Professionals working in care or mental health
- Those who work with children with autism and development issues
No formal entry requirements. You need to have:
- Passion for learning
- A good understanding of the English language
- Numeracy and IT
- Desire for entrepreneurship
- over the age of 16.
The assessment is straightforward, you need to complete the assignment questions that will be provided to you at the end of the course, you can complete the assignment anytime you want. After you complete and submit your assignment, our tutors will assess your assignment and give you feedback if ;
After your assignment has been assessed and you have passed, you will be qualified and will be able to apply for a course completion certificate.
Autism Awareness Training for Teaching Assistants Course Curriculum
- Introduction to Developmental Disorders
- Introduction to Visual Aids
- Introduction to Visual Aids 2 (Social Stories)
- Meltdown Strategies
- Functional Life Skills Training - Self-feeding
- Functional Life Skills Training - Toilet Training
- Mock Exam
- Final Exam
✅ So let’s do this! Enroll today and start learning Autism Awareness Training for Teaching Assistants! Updated on 25 August, 2021
Eligibility / Requirements
This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds. Learners should be aged 16 or over. Basic understanding of the English language is required to attend this course.
Job roles this course is suitable for:Autism Awareness , Autism Resource Assistant , Teaching Assistants
About The Teachers Training
Teachers Training is the leading course provider for teachers and professionals who work in the education sector. Our mission is to train you through high-quality online continuing professional development programs that will enable you to become an amazing teacher.
Our extensive course library contains courses of all levels and our topics range from classroom management to SEN teaching to school shadow support to many more. You name the topic and we are sure we have it.
Whether you are taking your first steps into teaching or are looking to develop your expertise and skills online, we have the perfect course for you. We cater to both graduates and experienced professionals alike. Become a member of our growing community of educators and learn from industry experts through up-to-date, audio-visual training.
Teachers Training - we educate the educators.