- Duration / Course length: Upto 22 Hours
- Timings: Flexible
Course detailsMicrosoft Business Intelligence (Power BI)
Power BI is quickly becoming the world’s most powerful self-service business intelligence platform, and an absolutely essential tool for Finance and Business Data professionals. Microsoft Power BI transforms company data into rich visuals that facilitate new ways of thinking about and organizing data, so that users can focus on what's important to achieving business goals.
The user-friendly Power BI reporting application has been designed to help users, of all experiential levels, produce insightful data analysis - hence our interactive and highly engaging BI training course helps candidates across departments communicate performance-related data in a visually understandable manner.
In this course, you'll be playing the role of Lead Analyst for Adventure Works Cycles, a global manufacturing company. Your mission? Design and deliver a professional-quality, end-to-end business intelligence solution, armed only with a handful of raw csv files.
OBJECTIVE #1: Connect & Transform the Raw Data into power bi
- Intro to the Query Editor
- Types of Data Connectors
- Basic Table Transformations
- Text, Number & Date Tools
- Index & Conditional Columns
- Grouping, Aggregating, Pivoting & Unpivoting
- Modifying, Merging & Appending Queries
- Connecting to Folders
- Defining Hierarchies & Categories
- Connecting Data from Text files, Excel files, from Folders and Access Data Bases etc.
OBJECTIVE #2: Build a Relational Data Model power bi
- Intro to Database Normalization
- Data ("Fact") Tables vs. Lookup ("Dimension") Tables
- Creating Table Relationships
- "Star" vs. "Snowflake" Schemas
- Active vs. Inactive Relationships
- Filter Context & Cardinality
- Connecting Multiple Data Tables
- Hiding Fields from Report View
- Data Modeling best Practices
- Intro to Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Calculated Columns vs. Measures
- Row Context vs. Filter Context
- DAX Syntax & Operators
- Basic Date & Time Intelligence Formulas
- Logical & Conditional Statements
- Text, Math & Stats Functions
- CALCULATE, ALL & FILTER Functions
- DAX Iterators (SUMX, AVERAGEX)
- DAX Best Practices
- Intro to the Power BI Report View
- Adding Objects & Basic Charts
- Formatting & Filtering Options
- Slicers, Timelines, Cards & KPIs
- Map Visuals (Basic, Fill, ArcGIS)
- Tree maps, Lines, Areas & Gauges
- Editing Report interactions & Drill through Filters
- Finance & Accounting Professionals
- Financial & Business Analysts
- Market Research Analyst
- Investment Analysts
- HR Professionals
- Sales Professionals
- The Elegant Training Centre Microsoft Power BI Manual
- Experienced Instructor
- Certificate on Completion
Student need to bring a Laptop which has Microsoft Power BI installed. Power BI is currently only compatible with PC/Windows (not available for Mac).
There are no prerequisites for this Power BI Course - it is open and accessible to all individuals that wish to enhance their knowledge of Power BI.
Updated on 12 May, 2020
About Elegant Training Center
Elegant Professional and Management Development is a leading training center in Al Barsha, Dubai, specialized in affordable and effective face-to-face training programs in variety of courses like Engineering & IT, Finance, Sales & Marketing and HR & Administration.
We design and customize courses and program for people of different walks whether trying to enter into the job market or employees willing to achieve professional development and qualification to secure advancement in their careers and improve their performance level.
Our training is stretching, motivating and tailored to the individual learner. We develop and deliver training courses for organizations across all sectors. All of our courses can be tailored specifically to your team’s needs and delivered at your site as well
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.