- Duration 3 Days
- Location Dubai, United Arab Emirates
A perfect introduction to health and safety:
- This introductory qualification will help improve the safety culture in your organization, by equipping your workforce to identify and deal with hazards at work helping to reduce accidents and achieving cost savings for the business.
- The qualification is designed to meet the needs of an international audience. There is no content on UK law. The multiple choice assessment is currently available in English; This qualification is an ideal first step towards other higher level NEBOSH qualifications including NEBOSH’s International General Certificate and National General Certificate.
- The NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work provides a good basic understanding of health and safety and is ideal for inpiduals wanting a solid introduction to the subject, as well as organisations wanting to improve their safety culture. It will equip your workforce to identify and deal with hazards at work, helping to reduce accidents and achieving cost savings for the business.
- The NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work is based on international standards, and is aimed at anyone who needs to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job.
The types of people who would benefit from this qualification include:
- Team leaders and supervisors.
- HR professionals.
- Facilities managers.
Those working with young people in a training environment.
The NEBOSH Award provides the perfect grounding for progression onto a NEBOSH Certificate.
What does the course cover?
This course covers the basic health and safety principles and practices essential in the workplace. These include:
- Understanding risk assessments and control strategies;
- Applying these control strategies to a number of common workplace hazards, including fire, electrical, transport and manual handling.
Unit HSW1 -The foundations of health and safety
- The responsibility for health and safety
- Health and safety risk assessment and control
- Hazards and control associated with work equipment
- Transport safety
- Hazards and control associated with electricity
- Fire safety
- Hazards and control associated with manual handling and repetitive movement 2
- Hazards and control associated with hazardous substances
- Hazards and control associated with the working environment
Unit HSW2- Workplace risk assessment
Unit HSW2 is the workplace-based risk assessment activity
- There is no separate syllabus content for this unit.
How is it assessed?
- Students are assessed by a multiple choice examination and a practical risk assessment which tests their ability to put into practice the knowledge gained during the course. Students need to be proficient in written English to successfully complete the assessments.
- A qualification parchment is issued following successful completion of the two units.
Workplace safety Related Questions
Unanswered //Oct 13, 2016 NEBOSH